Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, right now I’m really not feeling the more prestigious movies, but it’s also pretty early to declare how they will end up.

The year’s gonna peak early with A Dog’s Way Home. Don’t know how you beat Bryce Dallas Howard as a dog whose monologue about the good times with her owner is interrupted by “squirrel, squirrel, squirrel!”

The Kid Who Would Be King is the only other alternative.

Edited by filmlover

This was the first year I actually saw a decent amount of movies from one calendar year (somewhere in the 70s. I might check out Bumblebee later in the afternoon). Of course, I forced myself to see stuff like The Kissing Booth and Life of the Party, so I missed a lot of the movies that BOT likes. Either way, the stuff that I liked was really good. Spider-Verse is potential movie of the decade material for me. ASIB is fantastic, as is Lean on Pete and Tully. Black Panther's still the best MCU movie and is still fantastic to me (suck my dick haters). Revenge is pretty cool. House w/ Clock was a pleasant surprise that I hope more people appreciate as much as I did.

I'll see some of the other cool stuff BOT's recommended in a couple months.

• Like 3

I thought Mad Max Fury Road would be one of those movies that people look back and think How the hell did it not win Best Picture?, but it hasn't been mentioned as much as I expected in the past couple of years, people have kind of forgotten about it already. I guess watching it at home is not as spectacular as in the theater.

Guess with 2019, y'all already know I'm down with Little Women and Chaos Walking. I'm also excited to see Native Son. Ashton Sanders is arguably the best out of all of his acting comrades his age, but Hollywood's too racist to give him work, so I hope this does well. Hoping Gemini Man works out too. Love me some Lee and I want Big Willie in a good movie again. Ford v Ferrarri should be cool too. Queen & Slim has potential to be epic, as does Knives Out. Del Toro Pinocchio will be sick too. And IX should be amazeballs (suck my dick, haters). I'm a basic bitch for anything Pixar, so I'm hype for Toy Story

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What a surprise.

Well as I said,  I find going to the movies to be a more social experience and those were the only films I could convince a bunch of my friends to watch with me...

Like its 5 months away and we are already down for watching Endgame for my birthday lol 

Getting older it gets harder and harder to find spare time with friends. 

Edited by Lordmandeep