Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

27 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

hedges and chalamet still needs a hit to their names (Dune's gonna flop and playing the sixth most important character in little women doesn't count either sorry) if they want to be it kids.

They still already have Oscar noms to their names (with one becoming the youngest Lead nominee since around the time of the Academy’s inception and in strong contention for a second nom for a movie that nobody saw and those who did didn’t care about) and are getting tons of good projects which most actors in that age bracket would kill for. Goes to show how rare good roles for actors in that group are. Friend of mine was surprised when I told her Rami Malek was almost two years away from 40 while discussing the Globes the other day.

18 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

btw i saw beautiful boy and if i had a two words to described timethy chalameth's performance in that it'd be "James Franco-esque"

The only really moving part of that entire movie was that lady at the meeting towards the end talking about her friend who died from addiction. Movie needed more raw emotions like that and less Lifetimey material like everything else.

55 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

btw i saw beautiful boy and if i had a two words to describe timethy chalameth's performance in that it'd be "James Franco-esque"

Picturing a 2002 version with Franco and Quaid directed by Mike Newell. Or Roger Michell. 

• Like 1

As much as I love the film and am currently rewatching it for who knows what time.  Really not a fan of the change from Raiders of the Lost Ark as Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.   Which is what Netflix listed it under

12 minutes ago, DAR said:

I did watch Beautiful Boy the other day.  I like Steve Carrell but some of the scenes when he was yelling gave me Michael Scott vibes.  

He should never yell in a serious movie. In a comedy, absolutely.

2018 wasn’t a great year for him between that, Welcome to Marwen, and his weak Donald Rumsfeld performance in Vice. Maybe that Apple series with Reese and Jennifer Aniston will turn things around.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He should never yell in a serious movie. In a comedy, absolutely.

2018 wasn’t a great year for him between that, Welcome to Marwen, and his weak Donald Rumsfeld performance in Vice. Maybe that Apple series with Reese and Jennifer Aniston will turn things around.

He needs to alternate comedy and serious movies. Feels like he went Oscar hunting and the audience didn't follow him.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Man oh man, that one was a disaster. It has a few nice moments, but it also has some creative decisions that have to be seen (and cringed at) to be believed.

6 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Paramount's now pissed, since they had no word this was happening and are considering backing out of their plans with the company. Good on them.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-lasseter-hire-could-cause-problems-paramount-1175054

• Like 2

10 hours ago, grim22 said:

He needs to alternate comedy and serious movies. Feels like he went Oscar hunting and the audience didn't follow him.

I think directors need to be careful in picking actors for roles because especially for comedic actors that portray actual figures, it gets really hard to overcome that image.

For Example Rumsfield is such a famous infamous politician so we already have an image of how he is like so having the actor who acted nothing like him really takes you out of the film.