Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, AJG said:

What do we call this new and exciting genre of cinema?

(All three of these films are about fathers or father figures dealing with LGBT kids btw).

joe-bell-2020-1080p-largecover.jpg

large_stillwater-poster.jpeg

poster-large.jpg?lastmod=1

Joe Bell is probably gonna kick off a new genre of its own (redemption-from-homophobia vehicles made only for their A-list stars who also produced them) given that Damon's dumb comments came days after Stillwater opened.

8 minutes ago, Eric Quinn said:

Serious question: whatever happened to Lea Michele? Feels like after Scream Queens she just vanished completely from the face of the earth?

She was on a show on ABC that was cancelled after one season in 2017. Although I imagine her real difficulty finding work since Glee ended has come from the rumors over the years (going back to the early days of Glee, even) that she's a terror to be around. 

Even her co-stars don't seem to have nice things to say about her: Glee star Heather Morris looks back on Lea Michele controversy | EW.com

Edited by filmlover

24 minutes ago, Eric Quinn said:

Serious question: whatever happened to Lea Michele? Feels like after Scream Queens she just vanished completely from the face of the earth?

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

She was on a show on ABC that was cancelled after one season in 2017. Although I imagine her real difficulty finding work since Glee ended has come from the rumors over the years (going back to the early days of Glee, even) that she's a terror to be around. 

Even her co-stars don't seem to have nice things to say about her: Glee star Heather Morris looks back on Lea Michele controversy | EW.com

Yeah, Hollywood is a very small town and if you’re a giant asshole and have a lot of power (perceived or real), people will kiss your ass and work with you. But as soon as you lose that power….

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Everyone she worked with threw her under the bus. Everyone. Shit was crazy. 

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/lea-michele-glee-controversy-amber-riley-samantha-ware-1234625000/

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

She had a music album for 2019 Christmas.

She also gave birth in Aug 2020.  So, Covid and new baby probably kept her not actively looking for calls in 2020/2021...

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Lakeith is on a tear between the anti-semitism and anti-vaxxing

OK, another name to add to my ever growing "Idiot Celeb" list.

He has a little sucess, gets a oscar nomination, and then starts on the path to self destruction because of his big mouth.

Eric do you have to ban people for having conversations? There was no flame war in the Suicide Squad thread, I didn't violate any rule, just having an innocent conversation and I certianly didnt go against Cap's instruction. 

The sites quiet as it is, surely we could do with more conversations

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

Eric do you have to ban people for having conversations? There was no flame war in the Suicide Squad thread, I didn't violate any rule, just having an innocent conversation and I certianly didnt go against Cap's instruction. 

The sites quiet as it is, surely we could do with more conversations

I didn't ban you and Cruel Summer for having a conversation. Rather, your conversation strayed beyond off-topic and had nothing to do with the movie, was going nowhere, and when the two of you began to start things up again, with Cruel Summer insulting you for not using MultiQuotes, and you were doing a beyond unfunny transphobic joke, I knew that things were going to start up again and things would get ugly fast, so I had to threadban you both.

I'll admit that I was wrong for saying you went against Cap's instruction in hindsight, but even so, your tangent on Billie Eilish being untalented, also spurred by you saying that liking Birds of Prey is a "lame opinion" and that the idea that the film's fans shouldn't vote in political leaders...yeah, this is all really disrespectful stuff that I and the staff are not okay with. I understand your frustrations, but we do have rules here.

As for your last point...I'm fine with the site being quiet. One of the biggest issues BOT has faced in the last couple years is the massive influx of fanboys who just want to brag about their corporate franchise and troll others. Especially after The Last Jedi became a hot topic, trolls and fanboys were becoming more and more insufferable and making the forums a chore to read. Everything turned into a battle, as people either couldn't handle criticism over the movies they love or couldn't get enough of dumping over movies they hated. And as a result, a lot of veteran posters left and never came back. If I and the staff didn't get more strict, and let people continue to roam free with pointless conversations, mean-spirited language, and endless bickering over "grr critics bad" or "grr Marvel bad", then there would be an even bigger collapse in the next few years.

So yeah, I'd much prefer a forum that's smaller, but full of people who are respectful and want to talk in general about movies, box office, and financials, rather than a big forum full of people who just want to be toxic and start fires.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Eric Quinn said:

I didn't ban you and Cruel Summer for having a conversation. Rather, your conversation strayed beyond off-topic and had nothing to do with the movie, was going nowhere, and when the two of you began to start things up again, with Cruel Summer insulting you for not using MultiQuotes, and you were doing a beyond unfunny transphobic joke, I knew that things were going to start up again and things would get ugly fast, so I had to threadban you both.

I'll admit that I was wrong for saying you went against Cap's instruction in hindsight, but even so, your tangent on Billie Eilish being untalented, also spurred by you saying that liking Birds of Prey is a "lame opinion" and that the idea that the film's fans shouldn't vote in political leaders...yeah, this is all really disrespectful stuff that I and the staff are not okay with. I understand your frustrations, but we do have rules here.

As for your last point...I'm fine with the site being quiet. One of the biggest issues BOT has faced in the last couple years is the massive influx of fanboys who just want to brag about their corporate franchise and troll others. Especially after The Last Jedi became a hot topic, trolls and fanboys were becoming more and more insufferable and making the forums a chore to read. Everything turned into a battle, as people either couldn't handle criticism over the movies they love or couldn't get enough of dumping over movies they hated. And as a result, a lot of veteran posters left and never came back. If I and the staff didn't get more strict, and let people continue to roam free with pointless conversations, mean-spirited language, and endless bickering over "grr critics bad" or "grr Marvel bad", then there would be an even bigger collapse in the next few years.

So yeah, I'd much prefer a forum that's smaller, but full of people who are respectful and want to talk in general about movies, box office, and financials, rather than a big forum full of people who just want to be toxic and start fires.

I really appreciate that you took the time to write this. I can totally see where you are coming from. I was unaware of the fanboying problem in the past and the problems you all had to deal with. Take care

• Like 3