Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, Eric Smith said:

No but Wendy's fries are amazing tho

They're neck and neck with McDonald's for me.  Maybe a pip ahead, maybe a pip behind, depending on the mood.  Wendy's new fries do stay fresh/crisp longer, which is a definite plus.  But just something about Mickey D fries which is hard to beat when they're piping hot fresh.

4 hours ago, cannastop said:

No he's saying the ad campaign for Wendy's fries claims that McDonalds fries are bad.

That's not how I read the tweet, but perhaps.  Replies certainly thought he was calling out McDonald's fires (and agreeing with him).

===

How I read the ad campaign is: "Lots of people think that McDonald's fries are good; well our new ones are better than theirs!"

Isn't exactly the first time an ad campaign took a direct shot at a competitor and said "Our new product is better than their popular product."

37 minutes ago, Eric Smith said:

@Porthos Wendy's new ad campaign is literally throwing shade at McDonald's fries. Weird, because I don't think anybody ever said they hated McD's fries, but whatever.

Okay, fair enough.  But how I always saw that ad was "take a cheap shot at generic fast food fries" and then pivot to say our new fries are so good, they're even better than McDonalds.  But I suppose I was just over-reading it/bringing in my own biases.

(FWIW, people take a shot at McDonald's fries.... if they've been sitting out too long — so part of the ad campaign is: Our fries stay crispy longer)

Edited by Porthos

18 hours ago, Porthos said:

I mean, they're not wrong.  :ph34r:

(wouldn't apply the "losers" tag, myself, but their heart is in the right place)

I think the TCW movie is relatively decent, but its definitely not "Clone Wars at its most ridiculous." Stuff like Sunny Day in the Void (tbh that whole arc), Mercy Mission/Nomad Droids, Hunt for Ziro, or The Disappeared two-parter are a lot more bonkers (and those are awesome). 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 1