Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, AJG said:

BLOODY FUCKING HELL!!!! LIKE HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

Edit: that was fast

I'm sure we don't have the answers yet, but is Bobby Kotick still gonna be in charge?

Anyways, the only other thing I care about, outside of "mergers bad" and "capitalism sucks", is Crash Bandicoot. So...it would be cool if we got a new one? I guess? I dunno, I'm numb to the world now.

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm not looking forward to when Death on the Nile comes out in a few weeks because my mom is really excited for it and know I'll be taking her to it and don't want to have to explain the Hammer scandal to her (I assume she's oblivious to it) because if I did and mentioned Gloria Allred is involved she'd go off on another one of her rants about how much she hates her (anyone who doesn't know she is and why she inspires such intense reactions from some people can look up why on their own).

(Allred's daughter is legit trash though based on She Said and takes arguably the biggest beating out of everyone in it - look up her wild and carefully laid-out letter to Weinstein about how she was gonna use her background as a victim's rights lawyer to help him discredit his victims that can easily be found online, there's a 100% chance that's making the movie)

death on the nile in general seems like a fun time when it comes to controversial actors lol

17 minutes ago, Eric Riley said:

I'm sure we don't have the answers yet, but is Bobby Kotick still gonna be in charge?

Anyways, the only other thing I care about, outside of "mergers bad" and "capitalism sucks", is Crash Bandicoot. So...it would be cool if we got a new one? I guess? I dunno, I'm numb to the world now.

For now at least, Kotick's in charge until the merger is complete, when Spencer takes over

18 minutes ago, Eric Riley said:

This is just...so wrong.

The Microsoft people are shameless

This is from November 2021

Xbox Chief Says He’s Evaluating Relationship With Activision

• Phil Spencer’s note to staff follows similar from PlayStation
  • Some 500 Activision employees call for Kotick’s resignation

This is from last week

Xbox Boss Not Interested In 'Virtue Shaming' Activision

• Phil Spencer won’t say how Microsoft has altered its partnership with the Call of Duty maker

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

1991-2008 Blizzard would've been worth it.

Blizzard's problems made it ripe for a takeover/merger.

I can't say I care very much given how the quality of Blizzard games has been going down the tubes.

And I have to think that Microsoft overpaid for Blizzard.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Blizzard's problems made it ripe for a takeover/merger.

I can't say I care very much given how the quality of Blizzard games has been going down the tubes.

And I have to think that Microsoft overpaid for Blizzard.

Blizzard became money grubbing assembly line trash ever since they merged with Activation in 2008.  Before that, every one of their games were extremely polished, groundbreaking, and ahead of its time.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Blizzard became money grubbing assembly line trash ever since they merged with Activation in 2008.  Before that, every one of their games were extremely polished, groundbreaking, and ahead of its time.

Agreed. I think for me they jumped the shark with Diablo 3. I resented so much about how that was handled....like having to be online ieven if you were playing solo,and the cash grab with the in game shops.Not to mention the game, those thing aside, was just not as creative as the first two Diablo games.

I don't really care about this merger because it a case of one money grubbing company buying another money grubbig  company.

New Boss Same As The Old Boss.