Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Looks like whatever encryption the Oscars had for their digital screeners this year just got cracked.
Last year only three Oscar-bait screeners leaked (everything else was streaming legally already), I imagine it’ll be similar this year too. 2019 had about 12.

Something ain’t right with Joss Whedon because I just don’t see how he thought this was the best angle to address what happened.

Whedon denied Gal Gadot’s allegation that he “threatened” her career while working on “Justice League,” which Whedon took over after original director Zack Snyder withdrew from the film following a family tragedy.“I don’t threaten people. Who does that?” Whedon told New York.

“English is not her first language, and I tend to be annoyingly flowery in my speech.” Whedon said he told Gadot that she would have to tie his body to a railroad track before he would cut a scene she wanted removed, and that Gadot misunderstood as Whedon threatening to tie her to a track instead. Gadot’s response in the story: “I understood perfectly.”

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/joss-whedon-gal-gadot-ray-fisher-justice-league-charisma-carpenter-buffy-angel-1235155756/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Something ain’t right with Joss Whedon because I just don’t see how he thought this was the best angle to address what happened.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/joss-whedon-gal-gadot-ray-fisher-justice-league-charisma-carpenter-buffy-angel-1235155756/

Oh he knows what he's doing. He knows people aren't hiring him anymore, but he might as well still find a way to keep his name in the news and bring attention onto himself. For all we know, he'll probably get a gig with Daily Wire like that Gina Carano woman.

@RiddlerXXR @Plain Old Tele @filmlover @Eric Riley

So I spent a week looking at every website available and think I have looked through like 500 posters or so and I finally found a big one and a small one that I like!!

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 3.15.38 PM.png

I AM SUCH A FLOP!!!  I was like, I'm gonna NOT be cliche, but the hell with that.

I will say, to Eric, that I found an amazing Sabrina (1950) poster that I would've bought but it didn't fit the frame.  And I'm not going down the path of having to find custom frames.  Argh.  I also opted for Singin' instead of Sunset cause I just have ZERO red in my house.  The color plate just would've thrown off all the mojo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJG said:

FUCKING DEAD AT ALL OF THIS LMAO.

• Like 1

Good grief at that Whedon interview. Anyone who has been the subject of a #MeToo scandal within these past couple of years and is seriously trying to make an attempt at a comeback should do so in the most discreet way possible cause using a platform to air their grievances out into the open just ain't it. Take the subtle approach of slowly starting to line up some jobs again like Casey Affleck seems to be doing right now.

Edited by filmlover

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Good grief at that Whedon interview. Anyone who has been the subject of a #MeToo scandal within these past couple of years and is seriously trying to make an attempt at a comeback should do so in the most discreet way possible cause using a platform to air their grievances out into the open just ain't it. Take the subtle approach of slowly starting to line up some jobs again like Casey Affleck seems to be doing right now.

Or they could just...not come back at all? Think that would be for the beest.

18 minutes ago, Eric Riley said:

Or they could just...not come back at all? Think that would be for the beest.

I mentioned before that the implosion of Time's Up (FYI their former leader is also one of the people who has some not too flattering stuff about them in She Said and that book was published two years before it was discovered she was one of the people who helped with the Cuomo cover-up that forced her resignation from the company followed shortly after by their entire board stepping down) was gonna mean that some of the earliest people they went after were gonna get chances at redemption sooner than later so I can't say I'm surprised when it's been discovered that the organization that was arguably the face of the #MeToo movement was also part of the problem (although Time's Up had faced plenty of criticism for being yet another ineffective Hollywood organization that everyone likes to roast the industry for championing since they were created). We're starting to reach the point where the "everyone's problematic, therefore no one is" mentality is starting to kick in with everyone becoming numb to the concept of trial by social media and not in a courtroom and so on.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Most will likely come back as #metoo has changed and twitter is not reality.

During height of #metoo a local politician went from the King of Ontario in Waiting to a nobody overnight.

Now the guy is mayor of a big city and chilling and no one cares about his past much anymore as the allegations in retrospect were overblow and not serious. 

The celebrities' who done actually horrible things have burned out though.

but your aziz ansari types are fine as their controversy just upset the twitter crowd. 

Edited by Torontofan

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I mentioned before that the implosion of Time's Up (FYI their former leader is also one of the people who has some not too flattering stuff about them in She Said and that book was published two years before it was discovered she was one of the people who helped with the Cuomo cover-up that forced her resignation from the company followed shortly after by their entire board stepping down) was gonna mean that some of the earliest people they went after were gonna get chances at redemption sooner than later so I can't say I'm surprised when it's been discovered that the organization that was arguably the face of the #MeToo movement was also part of the problem (although Time's Up had faced plenty of criticism for being yet another ineffective Hollywood organization that everyone likes to roast the industry for championing since they were created). We're starting to reach the point where the "everyone's problematic, therefore no one is" mentality is starting to kick in with everyone becoming numb to the concept of trial by social media and not in a courtroom and so on.

Cool. Whedon and Casey Affleck still shouldn't have careers.

I'm not looking forward to when Death on the Nile comes out in a few weeks because my mom is really excited for it and know I'll be taking her to it and don't want to have to explain the Hammer scandal to her (I assume she's oblivious to it) because if I did and mentioned Gloria Allred is involved she'd go off on another one of her rants about how much she hates her (anyone who doesn't know she is and why she inspires such intense reactions from some people can look up why on their own).

(Allred's daughter is legit trash though based on She Said and takes arguably the biggest beating out of everyone in it - look up her wild and carefully laid-out letter to Weinstein about how she was gonna use her background as a victim's rights lawyer to help him discredit his victims that can easily be found online, there's a 100% chance that's making the movie)

Edited by filmlover

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

Absolutely insane.

The assessment in the article that he was a loser in school and now uses his status to bully others is 100% correct. Also the fact that nobody stopped him from doing this interview or presenting himself like this says a lot to me.