Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The funnybook wars turn many of the members into frothing irrational beasts better suited for an Eddie Redmayne spinoff movie than a movie forum discussion thread.

A firm hand in said threads is required.

Then dont venture into such threads, if you don't like it? 

And the rules are very subjective and have no foundation or basis then a personal opinion.

Edited by Lordmandeep

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

My powers are growing exponentially.

I just realised I can edit the date for any thread straight from the main page.

Not everything in the first page is like that so that’s good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Then dont venture into such threads, if you don't like it? 

So I should surrender my right to go into threads that interest me just so we can let the hooligans run amok and ruin everyone else's time?

That's fucking absurd and you know it.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

So I should surrender my right to go into threads that interest me just so we can let the hooligans run amok and ruin everyone else's time?

That's fucking absurd and you know it.

Or frankly you want everyone else banned that you don't agree with?

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Or frankly you want everyone else banned that you don't agree with?

Give me a break. If a thread devolves into a constant morass of sniping, griping, off-topic derailing, deliberate trolling and flame-stoking, and general antagonism, you would prefer all the good folk vacate to let the malcontents have free reign and the mods simply hold up their hands and go "c'est la guerre"?

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
22 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

yeah, the mods here get upset at certain users and just ban them.

I have seen it many times. 

I am a moderator on another site and find over moderation here. 

I'm guessing this is over your recent thread ban. It wasn't the decision of just ONE staff member but every staff member who reached the consensus: in general we have safeguards in place to ensure nobody gets banned just because they upset a mod. If you have a problem, you are free to PM me or @Squadron Leader Tele

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ironically, the reason those big (DC) threads have such byzantine posting rules is because the mods here are super lenient and basically don't ban repeat trolls. They just ignore the rules, get thread banned for a few days, then do it all over again.

Edited by Orestes
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Mandeep just got banned from the justice league thread if you're wondering why he's in the process of throwing his toys out of the pram.

Considering my thread ban said  said we think that you were not adding to the justice league thread which is over 600 pages of mostly nonsense.

It's a bit laughable really.

Clearly the rules don't work at all for much threads as the thread has be remade...locked many times and I think it has the record for threadbans.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Ironically, the reason those big threads have such byzantine posting rules is because the mods here are super lenient and basically don't ban repeat trolls. They just ignore the rules, get thread banned for a few days, then do it all over again.

I certainly can see this point and as usual the staff will likely discuss how we can better handle movies like JL in the future. 

But to be fair...

In general the issues seem to limited to certain franchises and even forum bans don't fix the problem. 

It is very hard to determine the point where passion and opinion  turns into trolling. We tend to err on the side of caution.  We can't perma-ban everyone that goes off the rails.