Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

20 minutes left of the movie

Spoiler

Thank God we're back to the furries. Honestly, I think the movie would be so much better if it focused on that, or at least had it play a big part. It's so bizarre, but it kinda works, and it gives the film a lot more personality. Better yet, just focus on Shannon and Greer's relationship, add in some Hallmark schamltz, and you would have a glorious mess of a film. But with Thomas Lennon, it's just...ech.

• Like 1

Finally done!

Spoiler

I appreciate the end message that Michael Shannon is a beautiful and wonderful man. I strongly agree with that sentiment. Also, I hate that the newscaster keeps using a stereotypical Hispanic voice whenever she says her last name.

Final thoughts: It had potential to be unbelievable, and it's apparent in the first half hour and that one iconic scene in the middle of the woods (y'all know what I'm talking about). But when Thomas Lennon shows up, it quickly goes downhill, and a lot of the cracks start to become more noticeable, especially the cinematography and editing. Could've been an ironic masterpiece, but instead, it's just a dull but dumb comedy.

Spoiler

Honestly, the furry subplot is the only thing that makes the movie entertaining. I feel the movie would be way better if it just focused on Hendricks and her story, as well as the crazy characters in the furry group with only a little dash of the Lennon stuff. Basically I want Pottersville 1 1/2.

• Like 1

I'm putting together a list of films from 2017 to do a double feature of as a creative way to catch up on all the films I missed in the past year. So far, I've come up with a few. I'm trying to do a mix of good and bad films

-John Wick and John Wick 2

-Baby Driver and Fate of the Furious

-It Comes at Night and A Cure for Wellness

-Power Rangers and Atomic Blonde

-Your Name and A Silent Voice

Edited by Rorschach

11 hours ago, grim22 said:

This is unexpected

if that's true, it will finally give me an alternative to the NFL, which I like but never hurts to have more than just one set of teams to follow

What's the order I should prioritize seeing these movies (streaming wise, I'll see Shape of Water and Disaster Artist for sure on theaters before 2018.  Hopefully CMBYN, Phantom Thread and the Post too, if they play near me, potentially Darkest Hour and I, Tonya)

Im interested in seeing them before I make my end of the year list but realistically won't see nearly all of them, so I want prioritize a few.

Girls Trip

The Meyeroitz Stories

Gerald's Game

Logan Lucky

Wind River

Ingrid Goes West

I Don't Feel at Home In this World Anymore

Creep 2

Good Time

Faces Places

The Beguiled 

It Comes At Night

A Ghost Story

Killing of the Sacred Deer

Brigsby Bear

Lady Macbeth

A Quiet Passion

Columbus

Colossal

Princess Cyd

The Work

4 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

What's the order I should prioritize seeing these movies (streaming wise, I'll see Shape of Water and Disaster Artist for sure on theaters before 2018.  Hopefully CMBYN, Phantom Thread and the Post too, if they play near me, potentially Darkest Hour and I, Tonya)

Im interested in seeing them before I make my end of the year list but realistically won't see nearly all of them, so I want prioritize a few.

Girls Trip

The Meyeroitz Stories

Gerald's Game

Logan Lucky

Wind River

Ingrid Goes West

Creep 2

Good Time

Faces Places

The Beguiled 

It Comes At Night

A Ghost Story

Brigsby Bear

Lady Macbeth

A Quiet Passion

Columbus

Colossal

Princess Cyd

The Work

From what I've seen:

Wind River/Logan Lucky/It Comes at Night

Meyerowitz Stories

Good Time

A Ghost Story

Colossal

Girls Trip

Gerald's Game

I Don't Feel at Home

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Girls Trip

The Meyeroitz Stories

Gerald's Game

Logan Lucky

Wind River

Ingrid Goes West

Creep 2

Good Time

Faces Places

The Beguiled 

It Comes At Night

A Ghost Story

Brigsby Bear

Lady Macbeth

A Quiet Passion

Columbus

Colossal

Princess Cyd

The Work

Add in Brawl in Cell Block 99 to that list.  As for prioritizing shit, in order of my personal preference:

Colossal

A Ghost Story

Lady Macbeth

It Comes at Night

The Beguiled

Meyerowitz Stories

Good Time

Gerald's Game

Ingrid Goes West

Logan Lucky

Columbus

Wind River

Brigsby Bear

Girls Trip

Haven't seen the rest.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Girls Trip

The Meyeroitz Stories

Gerald's Game

Logan Lucky

Wind River

Ingrid Goes West

Creep 2

Good Time

Faces Places

The Beguiled 

It Comes At Night

A Ghost Story

Brigsby Bear

Lady Macbeth

A Quiet Passion

Columbus

Colossal

Princess Cyd

The Work

good stuff: It Comes at Night, Good Time, Meyerowitz Stories.

bad: Colossal, A Quiet Passion, Gerald's Game.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Girls Trip

The Meyeroitz Stories

Gerald's Game

Logan Lucky

Wind River

Ingrid Goes West

Creep 2

Good Time

Faces Places

The Beguiled 

It Comes At Night

A Ghost Story

Brigsby Bear

Lady Macbeth

A Quiet Passion

Columbus

Colossal

Princess Cyd

The Work

Not sure how It Come at night play on a tv, but really loved it.

Wind River, if you liked anything Sheridan did (Sicario/Hell or High Water) is also a strong recommendation.

• Like 1