Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I decided to take Pre-Calc next semester just as an elective. Am I making a mistake? :ohmygod: 

Probably not. It's something that you kinda need. It's a pain in the ass, but once it's done it's done and knowing that kind of mathy stuff does come in handy down the line.

And if you do end up going into proper calc, you'd definitely struggle without the foundational stuff I imagine you learn in pre-calc.

• Like 2

yeah I got to calc 2 in college just because I had to start with calc 1 anyway due to all the stuff I took in high school  but getting both calcs done made it easy to move ahead since it was the only math I need for almost any major I was going for :P 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I decided to take Pre-Calc next semester just as an elective. Am I making a mistake? :ohmygod: 

Pre-Cal is a pain, Cal is a lot of fun (and work).  But you need Pre-Cal to take Cal, and Pre-Cal and the basic level Cal have a lot of useful concepts to learn.  I guess if you're wanting to major in creative writing it might not help, but there's applications of calculus and statistics in almost any academic field.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Wait, Rebecca Ferguson's singing in The Greatest Showman was dubbed? :winomg: 

i wish this was done more often in contemporary hollywood musicals. had no problem dubbing a bunch of them back in the day but now it feels like a weird form of vanity to make me listen to the likes of russell crowe and pierce brosnan sing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i wish this was done more often in contemporary hollywood musicals. had no problem dubbing a bunch of them back in the day but now it feels like a weird form of vanity to make me listen to the likes of russell crowe and pierce brosnan sing. 

The Greatest Showman is pretty lucky that most of the cast can sing. Michelle Williams was really impressive!

19 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Rewatching the Clone Wars TV Show. Watching an episode with Watto's people, the trade federation aliens and Jar-Jar himself.

oh boy

Yeah the show throws in random ass episodes like that every now and then to just fuck with audiences

You know, I watch a lot of genre movies and I can swallow a lot in the name of suspending judgment for fantastical concepts, but seeing a hard-R fantasy action flick where the MacGuffin is a magic wand just feels silly.

I'll have more to say after I finish watching it (40 minutes to go), but man, Bright is one beautiful, strange mess.

Actual words written in Ready Player One on the Oasis dude's favorite directors: "Cameron, Gilliam, Jackson, Fincher, Kubrick, Lucas, Spielberg, del Toro, Tarantino. And of course, Kevin Smith."

Wow, James Halliday is such a casual. Also, it's hilarious how Mad Max is considered a "holy trilogy" when Fury Road was in active development when this book was released. This is such a garbage book.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Actual words written in Ready Player One on the Oasis dude's favorite directors: "Cameron, Gilliam, Jackson, Fincher, Kubrick, Lucas, Spielberg, del Toro, Tarantino. And of course, Kevin Smith."

Wow, James Halliday is such a casual. Also, it's hilarious how Mad Max is considered a "holy trilogy" when Fury Road was in active development when this book was released. This is such a garbage book.

And yet it'll probably be the most talked about movie on BOT released in the first quarter of 2018 lol.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1