Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just learned that House at the End of the Street got no Razzie nominations during the midst of JLaw's awards sweep. If they didn't go for her then, don't think they'll do it now.

To be fair, the world forgot that movie even existed by then. JLaw did zero promo for it (it was shot between Winter's Bone's release and the filming of X-Men: First Class).

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just learned that House at the End of the Street got no Razzie nominations during the midst of JLaw's awards sweep. If they didn't go for her then, don't think they'll do it now.

people liked her way more in 2012. she's a lot more divisive these days.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

That One Guy and Han are probably going to be really excellent posters in ten years time. But also a decent chance they end up as notorious Neo-Nazis with 5000 word profiles in the Atlantic, tbf.

Did the Atlantic end up offering you a job?

• Astonished 1

You know, I'm actually a little curious.  How bad have we SW fans been in our collective meltdown over the (relative) underperformance of TLJ from the perspective of Staff?  I only ask because I was reading the beginnings of the JL meltdown last night for the first time, and I saw several exacerbated comments from Staff even before the shitstorm started in earnest.

@Lor San Tele @The Last AndyLL @aabattery @CJohn 

It doesn't seem like that much stuff has been hidden from a flamewar point of view. But, then I wouldn't catch it all, would I?

I expect there's been some toxic waste for the Staff to handle, as there is for all big releases.  Just wondering how much of a headache we've been causing you all and to apologize if it's been out of hand.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Last Jedi wars have actually been more taxing to sift through than the Justice League ones. Never thought that would've happened two months ago and yet here we are. Bravo, I guess.

Justice League is a really hard movie to stan for, and equally hard to have a strong negative reaction to, it's just so devoid of... anything. Even the Snyder fans were just pissed the movie got taken from him and didnt care to engage in a war

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Porthos said:

You know, I'm actually a little curious.  How bad have we SW fans been in our collective meltdown over the (relative) underperformance of TLJ from the perspective of Staff?  I only ask because I was reading the beginnings of the JL meltdown last night for the first time, and I saw several exacerbated comments from Staff even before the shitstorm started in earnest.

@Lor San Tele @The Last AndyLL @aabattery @CJohn 

It doesn't seem like that much stuff has been hidden from a flamewar point of view. But, then I wouldn't catch it all, would I?

I expect there's been some toxic waste for the Staff to handle, as there is for all big releases.  Just wondering how much of a headache we've been causing you all and to apologize if it's been out of hand.

I feel like most the mods pulled a Luke Skywalker once the TLJ storm hit.