Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, SpiritComix said:

(Golden Globes)

'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri'  won Best Motion Picture – DramaBest Screenplay – Motion Picture and Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama.

Film Twitter is already yelling about how unfair this is, how bad the movie is, how misogynistic, racist and wrong the movie is about everything.

I don't get it.

93% on Rotten Tomatoes - Average Rating: 8.5/10

87 on Metacritic

8.4 on IMDB

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shot in the dark here but I'm gonna go with the fact that some people don't like the movie.

• Like 1

Three Billboards along with the Post is the only major BP contender I've seen flat out left out critic group top ten lists at points. It has its share of haters. I think with the way balloting works Lady Bird or Get Out is taking it, but I've been wrong before. 3B and Shape are both the kind of things that are popular with every branch. 

• Like 1

It's kinda amusing to me that Natalie Portman is getting a ton of flack for calling out the all-male Best Director line-up at all. Could she have handled it better without coming across as a slap in the face to the people nominated? Probably. But not addressing an issue at all because it'll make everyone "uncomfortable" is never a good way to go about it.

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

chinese or indian.. first to respond chooses my takeaway

Indian...always...

(Now, Chinese is good, but tends to degrade faster as a takeout item, but those Indian curries...mmmm...good at any temp)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It's kinda amusing to me that Natalie Portman is getting a ton of flack for calling out the all-male Best Director line-up at all. Could she have handled it better without coming across as a slap in the face to the people nominated? Probably. But not addressing an issue at all because it'll make everyone "uncomfortable" is never a good way to go about it.

I thought it was great how she decided to release Annihilation that early.

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm seeing more positive feedback to her. I loved that moment.

Most funny backlash, I'm seeing against justin Timberlake.

3 hours ago, SpiritComix said:

(Golden Globes)

'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri'  won Best Motion Picture – DramaBest Screenplay – Motion Picture and Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama.

Film Twitter is already yelling about how unfair this is, how bad the movie is, how misogynistic, racist and wrong the movie is about everything.

I don't get it.

93% on Rotten Tomatoes - Average Rating: 8.5/10

87 on Metacritic

8.4 on IMDB

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ah, they probably just haven't checked the internet scores yet. someone should show them these numbers and i'm sure they'll be all "oops, my bad didn't realize".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I'm seeing more positive feedback to her. I loved that moment.

Most funny backlash, I'm seeing against justin Timberlake.

Yeah, I loved it and she's getting a ton of praise for it, but of course the MRAs of the Internet are going "how dare she!" Idiots.