Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, Kraken said:

Metcalf losing that Oscar is gonna be the night's second biggest travesty. Remember Me losing to that TGS pop abortion will be first.

hot take: Remember Me isn't that good of a song and pretty much every song on TGS's soundtrack is great so the world will be better if it wins.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

hot take: Remember Me isn't that good of a song and pretty much every song on TGS's soundtrack is great so the world will be better if it wins.

Proud Corazon was far superior, and it's a shame it's probably the least popular song in the soundtrack.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Scorching, but nah. TGS is like every bad pop song ever condensed into a single soundtrack. Unoriginal and trite.

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

hot take: no. i disagree that greatest showmans songs are travesties but remember me is the best nominated song. it's simple, moving, catchy and crazy adaptable considering the 16 different versions that are in the movie. and considering that it's the oscars as well it's gotta count for something that it's the only nominee that's actually important to the film it's in.

Edited by CoolioD1

For those who don't have a scooby doo what's going on with this Spacex stuff, they tested their Falcon Heavy rockets an hour ago.

The Falcon Heavy has two important stages, 1st stage is three rockets to get the 2nd stage into space, then the 2nd stage has a smaller rocket attached to the cargo to accelerate it towards the destination.

The 1st stage has one core rocket and two side mounted rockets which are all reusable, which is a big deal as it will reduce the cost of space travel. The two side mounts landed successfully but the core's thrusters started a couple second late and crashed into the landing site.

The cargo in this test was a Tesla car as they couldn't put expensive cargo on it (satellites) because it's just a test which could have gone terribly wrong. The car is currently on it's way to an elliptical orbit around Mars which will last 11 million years before it plummets into the sun.

• Like 5