Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Seriously just witnessed one of the greatest upsets in sports history. A 16 seed taking a 1 seed to the woodshed by 20 POINTS.

As ESPN said, you knew this would happen one day, but youd think itd on a last second buzzer beater hail mary, not a 20 point curb stomp.

The Warriors have found ways to win without Curry, UVA should won, handily, even without ole dude. Crazy.

• Like 4

In the ACC Tourney, UVA needed to play like the Philly Eagles did at the end of the reg season - drop the 1st game, get a mental and physical break, and get ready for the real tourney as a low #1 or #2...this year, UVA played so long at such a high level, the pressure just got to build and build...and these kids weren't even ranked to start the year, so they didn't have the talent (especially with their missing 6th man) to make up for their tightness from the stress of expectations...

Sometimes, you have to know when to strategically lose...unless you're the 1972 Miami Dolphins...

Edited by TwoMisfits

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

UVA played so long at such a high level, the pressure just got to build and build...and these kids weren't even ranked to start the year, so they didn't have the talent (especially with their missing 6th man) to make up for their tightness from the stress of expectations...

6th man or not, tired or not, UVA never shouldve lost that game. No excuses. 

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

Gonzaga’s also a dog.  I picked Gonzaga for the championship.  UMBC’s mascot is also a dog.  The Chinese New Year for 2018 is the dog.  Year of the dog. COINCIDENCE?  I think not!

GONZAGA IS WINNING THIS YEAR!!!

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

6th man or not, tired or not, UVA never shouldve lost that game. No excuses. 

They should not have...but they always do.  

The team has the Andy Reid of coaches.  He is a wizard in the regular season and then forgets how to coach in the tourney.  He makes a not-greatly-talented team play at their best all year...and then revert to the norm or worse in the tourney.

Now this year, he had his most amazing regular season coaching and his most epic post season choking...so, there's that...

I'm not sure UVA can ever move on from the coach b/c before him, they were bad for awhile, but I don't think he has what it takes to ever get a team to win it all...so being good has to be enough for this alum for now...

Edited by TwoMisfits

BTW, now that a 1 has fallen to a 16, I give official permission to the NCAA to expand the field to 96.

That was literally the only reason why I didn't want the tourney expanded.  But now that it's happened, clear sailing ahead, as far as I am concerned. RebWGyw.png

Well this sounds like...a project.

Lucas Hedges will play a younger version of Shia LaBeouf in the family drama “Honey Boy,” with LaBeouf playing his own father.

The story of a child star attempting to mend his relationship with his law-breaking, alcohol-abusing father over the course of a decade, it’s loosely based on LaBeouf’s life. “Honey Boy” was LaBeouf’s childhood nickname.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/shia-labeouf-lucas-hedges-honey-boy-1202729418/