Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, Jandrew said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Cops called when we're minding our business in the common room, cops called when we're minding our business at Starbucks, cops called when we're minding our business moving into our NYC apartment, cops called when we [Native Americans] don't speak during a college tour, cops called when we're minding our business on the golf course, cops called when we're minding our business walking back from the gas station, cops called when we're minding our business checking out of our Air BNB. Cops called when we're [Hispanics] minding our own business speaking Spanish. Cops called on my brother for minding his business walking with friends in his own neighborhood. I as well have been in situation where I was doing the right thing, but of course someone not minding their own business has to try to get involved, and give me the attitude.

So the question is, what can minorities do that doesn't make people feel uncomfortable at this point? Not breathe? Why are minorities continually punished because someone didn't mind their own business while we were minding ours? But hey let Dylann Roof types walk down the street and it's a howdy do. What was it that Gambino was saying now?...

None of these situations warranted calling the cops.  But that was  piss poor golf eitquette.  You never have a five some.   If I'm the Marshall at the golf course I would have told them to split up 3 and 2

53 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

And that's why "I would've voted for Obama a 3rd term" is my single favorite line of 2017. That's exactly what Peele was getting at. Too many people try to use their self-proclaimed "liberalness" to hide deep feelings. This is why I take strong objection when people call the south racist or act like racial issues only appear in red states. 

This happened in Connecticut. A white man was calling black women "monkeys" on a New York train. The Stephon Clark shooting was in California. The Starbucks incident(s) were in Philadelphia and LA. The incident with the cops being called on the brothers for "being too quiet" was in Colorado. Cops were called on a group of black women in Pennsylvania for "golfing too slow." The cops being called on the women checking out of their AirBNB was: California, again, again.

People act like racism doesn't happen in the mighty northeast and west because they're "blue states", they're "liberal and progressive." Yada, yada. Oregon is not even 2% black, but you say they tolerate black people better than Louisiana?

There's still liberals who won't date outside their race because of how it'd look, or will still laugh when their friend tells a tasteless black joke, or will only lock their door when they see a black person walking by. Your political affiliation doesn't erase those instincts, and acting like "its not an issue for me, because I live in Denver" is a big part of the problem. You live in the USA, so we're all in the same boat.

Stop calling cops unless you see an actual crime. 911 is not for "suspicions." Stop being an asshole, putting people's lives in danger.

Washington Post knows what's up:

6z7yNzp.png

People only focus on active racism, when any person who is a minority would tell you that subtle passive racism is what is the true destructive force in 2018. 

Fuck so I keep not being able to tell if this girl likes me, but I’m too much of a pussy to be upfront about it. Like, we hang out all the time at work, we talk to each other a lot outside of work. But there’s times and things she does where she makes it seem like she’s actually really into me, and then other times where it seems like she isn’t and I just can’t freaking tell.

I also don’t want to ask or be upfront about it in case I’m wrong. Cause I guess I’d rather be the friends that we are now rather than it be awkward and avoid each other altogether. Not to mention I always get my sister saying shit like “why does *** even talk to you, she’s way out of your league even as a friend I don’t get it” so if my sister (who’s pretty popular and knows literally everyone) thinks that it’s weird that we’re even friends, what chance in hell do I have 

Just now, DAJK said:

Fuck so I keep not being able to tell if this girl likes me, but I’m too much of a pussy to be upfront about it. Like, we hang out all the time at work, we talk to each other a lot outside of work. But there’s times and things she does where she makes it seem like she’s actually really into me, and then other times where it seems like she isn’t and I just can’t freaking tell.

I also don’t want to ask or be upfront about it in case I’m wrong. Cause I guess I’d rather be the friends that we are now rather than it be awkward and avoid each other altogether. Not to mention I always get my sister saying shit like “why does *** even talk to you, she’s way out of your league even as a friend I don’t get it” so if my sister (who’s pretty popular and knows literally everyone) thinks that it’s weird that we’re even friends, what chance in hell do I have 

Take a chance.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Tell your sister to watch and learn then get the girl, seems pretty simple to me.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DAJK said:

:hahaha:

i wish, idk why I don’t have the confidence

Friends come and go in life! I'm only in contact of one of my friends from when I was your age. Being worried about it getting awkward is an excuse... it's fine to be scared of rejection as it can hurt, but it also builds character. You gonna live the present in the past wondering what if?

• Community Manager
51 minutes ago, DAR said:

None of these situations warranted calling the cops.  But that was  piss poor golf eitquette.  You never have a five some.   If I'm the Marshall at the golf course I would have told them to split up 3 and 2

The people who were behind them didn't complain. In fact they took the side of the five golfers. 

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Friends come and go in life! I'm only in contact of one of my friends from when I was your age. Being worried about it getting awkward is an excuse... it's fine to be scared of rejection as it can hurt, but it also builds character. You gonna live the present in the past wondering what if?

True, I think the awkward thing is more of an excuse of being scared of embarrassment or rejection. But at the same time, I think the awkward thing does have some credibility since I have to work with her probably 4 times a week for the summer

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i been kinda expecting it this season but still RIP B99. but also at least we know for sure Dee's not leaving Sunny.:ph34r:

Oh damn, The Mick was supposed to be pretty safe for a renewal :jeb!: I figured B99 would've gotten a final season to wrap things up, but the ratings have been loooooooow

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Last Man on Earth got canned too. Did anyone even care about that show after the first season?

That title's just misleading, because he clearly WAS NOT the last man on earth.  unless we're referring to him being the last male on earth.  which is true.

Edited by That One Guy