Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can I be his brother instead? I still die, but at least I'd get to have sex with Natalie Dormer :sparta: 

I’m pretty sure you’re more of a shoot a hooker with a crossbow type.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

I just got out of a mental hospital, and I think the care was sub par. It was just a glorified waiting room. Inpatient treatment should be a last resort. Seeing psychiatrists and therapists is still valuable.

There are a lot of different cases of cource but I knew a family in the place I grew up that had a son with schizophrenia. His parents decided to take him home and treat him themselves. Long story short, he wasn't taking his medicines, got pretty bad and under rage he stabbed his brother and his father.

I honestly don't know but I don't think that "keeping your loved ones" out of treatment from experts is a wise idea.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Hey guys, I want to start a thread for a countdown of BOT's favorite animated films! I'll do the tallying of the votes, and hopefully I'm up to the task! Should I just start a thread, or should I wait?

TOG's 2008 revisiting thing recently got killed because of the top 100 movie lines thing. Which will be going on till the second half of July. Apparently you can't have two countdowns going on at the same time. You can plead with grim or whoever though I guess, for one by pointing out that movie lines and animated films aren't even remotely similar.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

TOG's 2008 revisiting thing recently got killed because of the top 100 movie lines thing. Which will be going on till the second half of July. Apparently you can't have two countdowns going on at the same time. You can plead with grim or whoever though I guess, for one by pointing out that movie lines and animated films aren't even remotely similar.

We could compromise and do top 50 animated movie lines from 2008

23 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I’ve been wanting to do a horror countdown in the vein of the top 100 for a couple years now, but somebody else always starts something :apocalypse:

Im sorry :ph34r:

On another note, i just realized i won 3 days in a row :insane:

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

How is Delgo not #1?

ok i'll cop that i forgot about it to my shame. i just looked it up though and those were literally the only 3 animated movies released in 2008 so i don't think the list has legs.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I think if you put it up in the Speakeasy instead of here it’d be okay.  But I’d still probably think the deadlines should be in position where two big lists won’t be counting down at the same time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

ok i'll cop that i forgot about it to my shame. i just looked it up though and those were literally the only 3 animated movies released in 2008 so i don't think the list has legs.

I think we can make an exception and count Speed Racer as one.  It’s pretty much a live action cartoon anyway