Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

So, I've had a pretty fucked up week, for reasons both good and bad. In order, since last Sunday, I-

-Helped an old lady who tripped and badly hurt her knee wait over an hour for an ambulance

-Got hit by the mother of all writing bugs, resulting in me writing 6000+ words a day for the entire week (except Saturday because the library closed early) and ultimately finishing with around 35,000 words for the entire week.

-Lost 3500 words of said 35000 words when one of my files somehow ended up getting corrupted.

-Caught the mother of all colds to go with the mother of all writing bugs. Somehow, the two completely failed to counter each other out.

-No seriously, I actually wrote 35,000 words in a single week. Seriously.

-Both of my pairs of headphones broke (specifically, the ones I use for the ipod and the larger over-ear ones I use for home use) and I've yet to replace them.

-England gets hit by a freaking heatwave (which, ironically enough, does not mix well with a cold.) and the air conditioning in my room is non-existent. 

-Drank an obscene amount of orange juice to try and murder the bloody cold. Found out later that orange juice only helps you stop getting the cold and doesn't do shit in regards to curing it.

-Found a shiny Eevee on Pokemon Crystal.

So yeah, at this point, I don't know helping that old lady at the beginning of the week secretly cursed me or blessed me. Either way, I'll fucking take it for that level of writing consistency.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

Xxxtentacion's "Sad" has hit #1 on the Billboard. Can't remember the last time a single has hit #1 posthumously. 

This also further lengthens rappers' dominance of the charts. A rapper has held the #1 spot every week since January 27th - yet a rapper was featured on that song. January 20th was the last time it was completely rap free and/or didn't include a person of color.

• Like 2

I fucking loved Hereditary. Best film of the year, then again I only saw eight films this year.

1.) Hereditary 

2.) Black Panther

3.) Annihilation 

4.) Incredibles 2

5.) Avengers: Infinity War

6.) Deadpool 2

7.) Peter Rabbit 

8.) Rampage

Now for Paddington 2, Pacific Rim Uprising, and Tomb Raider.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Xxxtentacion's "Sad" has hit #1 on the Billboard. Can't remember the last time a single has hit #1 posthumously. 

This also further lengthens rappers' dominance of the charts. A rapper has held the #1 spot every week since January 27th - yet a rapper was featured on that song. January 20th was the last time it was completely rap free and/or didn't include a person of color.

That hip hop/rap dominance seem to be related to music charts being more influenced by streaming these days than a growth in popularity. When people still used iTunes it didn't matter if you listen to the song 10 times or 100 times, it was only counted as one copy bought. Now what counts is how many times people listen, and the hip hop/rap audience seem to listen to music more, even though by number of listeners they are not that dominant over people who prefer other genres. That's a very significant change, and a change I think is more "fair". Spotify was a very positive revolution to the music industry, at least here in Brazil people were not paying for music anymore, until Spotify became popular.

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I fucking loved Hereditary. Best film of the year, then again I only saw eight films this year.

1.) Hereditary 

2.) Black Panther

3.) Annihilation 

4.) Incredibles 2

5.) Avengers: Infinity War

6.) Deadpool 2

7.) Peter Rabbit 

8.) Rampage

Now for Paddington 2, Pacific Rim Uprising, and Tomb Raider.

Tomb Raider is my favorite movie of the year along with Game Night but doesn't say much because other than that I only saw Black Panther, Annihilation and A Wrinkle in Time and I hated all of them.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Tomb Raider is my favorite movie of the year along with Game Night but doesn't say much because other than that I only saw Black Panther, Annihilation and A Wrinkle in Time and I hated all of them.

I’m plan on watching Game Night as well this weekend.

This has actually been a pretty good movie year so far for me too. Top 10 near the halfway mark:

1. A Quiet Place

2. Annihilation

3. Black Panther

4. Avengers: Infinity War

5. Love, Simon

6. Incredibles 2

7. Game Night

8. Hereditary

9. Ready Player One

10. Thoroughbreds

• Like 1

I'd rank but ironically I'm saved by not yet having seen half the movies I've been interested in from the first half of the year.

Paddington 2, Thoroughbreds, You Were Never Really Here and Hereditary are the standouts I've gotten to so far. 

From what I've seen

1. Andre the Giant

2. Solo

3. Black Panther

4. Ready Player One

5. Game Night

6. A Futile and Stupid Gesture

7. Farenheit 451

8. Paterno

Ginormous Gap

9. The Cloverfield Paradox