Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Bring It On is a lot of fun. Formula but done well, a couple of unavoidable eyeroll-inducing moments but then that's much less than you'd expect and by the end everything gets absorbed into the energetic good vibes. Admire that it goes where it does in end and sticks with it. Plus Dunst and Eliza Dushku both shine here. Peyton Reed seriously needs to direct a full-scale musical or three at some point, based on this and Down with Love. 

Big time guilty pleasure here.

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

So, who isn't watching the premiere of Sharp Objects tonight? It's currently sitting at 77 on Metacritic and of course Amazing Amy is getting tons of praise. Excited to see for her potential TV and film award domination this year.

Im gonna watch it. Very excited.

Amy Adams makes anything worth watching. Bad movies like Big Eyes are elevated by her, boring ones like The Master are entertaining when she is on screen, and even the already perfect ones like Man Of Steel and Batman v Superman leave us wanting more of her. Jessica Chastain also has that effect on me, I will be excited for anything she's in.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Amy Adams makes anything worth watching. Bad movies like Big Eyes are elevated by her, boring ones like The Master are entertaining when she is on screen, and even the already perfect ones like Man Of Steel and Batman v Superman leave us wanting more of her. Jessica Chastain also has that effect on me, I will be excited for anything she's in.

you would think a post that starts by calling Big Eyes and The Master bad couldn't get any worse, but then the second half of the post kicks in and you realize it can get worse.

• Haha 1

Really dug the first episode of Sharp Objects. Clearly gonna be a slow-burner of a series but it's clearly headed to interesting places. Amy is always terrific but this role seems like it's gonna give her a lot of really good material (ditto Patricia Clarkson and Sophia Lillis). Excited for the rest.

5 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

I saw Big Eyes in theatres have absolutely zero desire to revisit it. It left almost no impression on me after 4 years.

To be honest, that’s most of Tim Burton for me. But when he hits (Ed Wood, Big Fish, the new Dumbo trailer), he hits.

have not watched much of any movie this past week, but just watched through about 20 minutes of Shoot 'Em Up and then saw it is a 2007 release and not 2008 so I'm not going to finish it because I am too lethargic.  Paul Giamatti's performance at the beginning (2007) does remind me of Heath Ledger's Joker.

Edited by Slave Animal Rights

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

The Hurricane is good. Great Christopher Yiung score. I wish that dude worked more.

Also has Denzel in a turtleneck.

But we're all wanting to know:

When are you getting around to The Preacher's Wife?