Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

interesting

Academy Plans Three-Hour Oscars Telecast, Adds Popular Film Category

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/academy-plans-three-hour-oscars-telecast-adds-popular-film-category-1133138

That seems like a stupid idea to me.  It’s just another excuse not to nominate a blockbuster for BP.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

popular film category  is interesting. can't wait to see who they nominate. Black Panther and MI-F  FTW

This will lead to more esoteric Best Picture nominees instead of less. Its what happened when Best Animated Feature came along. All blockbusters will be moved over to there.

• Like 3

If there's any one silver lining to the Academy's plans, it's that at least all of y'all out east will no longer have to stay up 'til or past midnight to see the end of the ceremony. I know I certainly didn't enjoy going into work bone-tired after staying up for the whole thing three out of the four years I lived out there (and of course, the one year where I didn't stay up was the one where the wrong Best Picture was announced).

Watching American Gangster. TI is playing Common’s son. I AM DISTRESSED. I AM DISTRESSED. I AM DISTRESSED.

Edit: RZA has a whole giant Wu Tang tattoo right in front of the camera...

Edited by AJG

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

This seems like such a dumb idea at audience-pandering that I can totally see them doing it.

I think you were proven wrong that the oscars were doing fine if they had to resort to such tactics 

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think you were proven wrong that the oscars were doing fine if they had to resort to such tactics 

Except even the corners that these changes were made to appease are blasting them, so no, they didn't get the positive headlines they thought these changes were gonna give them.