Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

This game is making me seriously reconsider my stance that baseball is not long, boring, and uneventful.

This game is the Baseball Gods payback for the Cubs winning the World Series, I'm sure of it.

In all seriousness, it's kinda surprising that before this game no WS game had ever gone beyond 14 innings and that the longest playoff game ever was 18 innings (Giants v Nats).  It's not THAT unusual to have Marathon Baseball games.  Kinda weird it's taken this long for a game like this to happen in the playoffs for this sport.

Edited by Porthos

Question 1:

if an anual salary gets released, is it as earned (we say Brutto salary) or all taxes, health insurance, retirement insurance,... excluded (what we call Netto salary)?

If we state a salary we state it as Brutto salary, but all 3 listed reducing parts (plus a few more) get done for all not self-employed people by the book-keeping department of the company the ppl work for. automatically = each month. Means we really 'only' get the Netto part. And the employers have to pay additional the same again for both types of insurances = that part is not mentioned in any contracts....

Question 2

is it correct that the average renting ... amount (?) for New York is ~$3000 per month?

Question 3:

beside Alaska, is there any state where the renting price in their bigger cities is ~ cheap?

Thanks for reading

• Like 1

just watched Blockers and Proud Mary.  soo upset right now,

hope they can drop the prices of rx anti-depressants to make them a cheaper pill to swallow

could have left it at cnunt back in 2012 =( , and continued to flop out of physics

Edited by gravestonedt

I fucking hate retail. My job is stressing me the fuck out between shit going on in my personal life and school. It doesn't help that being a cashier is absolutely soul crushing and I cant be working on the floor because my boss gave me a blunt no. Really trying hard to stick with this for another month but bleh. I want to quit now.

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I fucking hate retail. My job is stressing me the fuck out between shit going on in my personal life and school. It doesn't help that being a cashier is absolutely soul crushing and I cant be working on the floor because my boss gave me a blunt no. Really trying hard to stick with this for another month but bleh. I want to quit now.

Ride it out, Han. It's money.

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

Well...what were your thoughts?

I saw the movie tonight and it's a big mess (if there was a Razzie award for "Worst Use of Music" it would definitely be a contender) but Timmy was indeed fantastic in it. I doubt he gets nominated for this (on the basis of the movie being a total "nobody cares") but he's definitely going to win an Oscar someday.

Timmy and Steve were fantastic, but the film really loses its momentum whenever Chalamet is off screen. The flashback scenes were especially bad and felt really superfluous. Still hits a lot of strong emotional beats, and it certainly got my fanboy ass teary-eyed. Van Groeningen was definitely smart to let his two talented lead actors breathe and take charge, because with any other cast, this would have been a disaster.

Also I know it's weird to say, but Steve Carell was kind of a DILF in this. I've never found him attractive in things before, but his gray beard was just...yes.