Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I just asked a woman this question at a traffic light while we waited for the light to change.

Me:"Can I as you a question?"

Her:"Sure"

Me:"Will Nancy break through today?"

Spoiler

Full disclosure.  She was wearing a Sydney Metro Hi Vis shirt and Nancy is the name of a Tunnel Boring Machine.

https://www.sydneymetro.info/tunnelling

• Haha 1

There's a long dormant thread for Cowboy Bebop buried On The Lot. Should it be moved to the TV section and resurrected for this series?  Or should someone just start a new one if anyone cares enough.

BTW:  "Cowboy Bebop" is #5 Trending WW on Twitter right now and John Cho is popping on and off at #10.

pleasebegood pleasebegood pleasebegood pleasebegood pleasebegood.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It's got Christopher Yost as the showrunner with Javier Grillo-Marxuach and Jeff Pinkner and a ton of other talented writers involved. It should be dang good.

Depends on who does the music. 

There is only one correct choice. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

The Russo Brothers just tweeted about doing a Chronological Countdown to End Game.  Tonight's The First Avenger.  I wasn't planning on doing a massive rewatch, but any excuse to watch TFA.  :wub:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Holy shit, SIC just announced the premiere of A Dog's Cruelty Purpose for their Sunday afternoon :ohmygod:  I have a gutfeeling that one might actually do good business.

As a matter of fact, they went batshit crazy with movie programming. They programmed movies in the mornings, afternoons and late nights of the weekend :rofl:  For Saturday, they have Wreck-It Ralph at 7AM, the original Footloose and The Tuxedo for the noon, and Fatal Attraction + Rio, I Love You for the late night; for Sunday, besides A Dog's Purpose, a Maya The Bee movie for 7AM, Eat Pray Love at noon and Magic Mike XXL at late night. Very weird set of films all around.........

Portugal's movie taste is a beacon of hope for @Telemachos in these trying MCU times.

• Haha 1

Oh My God.

I was watching TFA and suddenly I get a spinning message on my Smart TV and it brings me back to some IHeartRaio activation code.  I exit out, go back to the movie.  And it does it again.  It does it like five times.  I turn the TV off - and it turns on, on its own, and goes back to the activation screen.

I turn it off again --

And it turns ON AGAIN.

GrayHealthyBarasingha-small.gif

• Astonished 3

17 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Oh My God.

I was watching TFA and suddenly I get a spinning message on my Smart TV and it brings me back to some IHeartRaio activation code.  I exit out, go back to the movie.  And it does it again.  It does it like five times.  I turn the TV off - and it turns on, on its own, and goes back to the activation screen.

I turn it off again --

And it turns ON AGAIN.

GrayHealthyBarasingha-small.gif

Well Maine IS the setting for many a Stephen King tale... :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1