Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I was Disney getting Fox was only a good thing for the industry

Changed my mind. Everything 40 years and older should now be public domain as long as assholes like Disney are allowed to hold rights.

I have a feeling another Mickey Mouse Protection Act is coming though.

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I was Disney getting Fox was only a good thing for the industry 

I've seen more people here complaining about people saying Disney buying Fox was a good thing for the industry than actual people saying Disney buying Fox was a good thing for the industry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Eric! said:

I've seen more people here complaining about people saying Disney buying Fox was a good thing for the industry than actual people saying Disney buying Fox was a good thing for the industry.

Well just look at all the people throwing a fit because Disney can't get another $300 million on its income statement from Spider-Man.

Just look at all the Superhero fans who were happy about this.

Edited by cannastop

31 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well just look at all the people throwing a fit because Disney can't get another $300 million on its income statement from Spider-Man.

Just look at all the Superhero fans who were happy about this.

I'm sorry, was I talking about superhero fans or the Spidey deal? Because I'm pretty sure I was just talking about Foxney.

5 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

laundromat out first and still no trailer? how come chief willoughby???

Pretty sure it's a Soderbergh thing. The marketing campaigns for his movies usually start rather late.

Happy that we finally have the dates for the Netflix awards movie

EW has named their picks for the movies that defined the summers of this decade.

2010: Inception (Honorable Mention: Toy Story 3)

2011: Bridesmaids (HM: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2)

2012: The Avengers (HM: Magic Mike)

2013: This is the End (HM: The Spectacular Now)

2014: Guardians of the Galaxy (HM: Boyhood)

2015: Mad Max: Fury Road (HM: Straight Outta Compton)

2016: Bad Moms (HM: Suicide Squad)

2017: Wonder Woman (HM: Girls Trip)

2018: Crazy Rich Asians (HM: Avengers: Infinity War)

https://ew.com/movies/2019/08/27/10-summer-movies-defined-last-decade/

• Like 1

lol at that scene in Field of Dreams where he kidnaps James Earl Jones to see a baseball game with him.

it reminds me back in like 2004 when I would pay to have someone go with me and would get high with the possibility of them requesting to pull out of the mission to the theater

14 hours ago, Avatree said:

Classic WoW is out!! Most excited I have ever been for any game release ever I think>!!!!

Shame it was too popular a launch that the game was down all night (I couldn't even access my account to buy subscription). Hopefully it's smoothed out by the time I get home from work, then I can say goodbye to my future life.

I saw this trending on twitter yesterday and was stunned.  Looking back all those years ago, I wish I never played it because classic WoW was like as addictive as meth.  Way too many hours of my life spent raiding, playing capture the flag in WSG, and PvPing in Arathi Basin and Blackrock Mountain.  So yeah, I'll be staying far away for that.  I actually haven't played a video game ever since WoW because of it.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1