Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Classic WoW is out!! Most excited I have ever been for any game release ever I think>!!!!

Shame it was too popular a launch that the game was down all night (I couldn't even access my account to buy subscription). Hopefully it's smoothed out by the time I get home from work, then I can say goodbye to my future life.

Edited by Avatree

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Wow, a new film with the guy who gave the best male performance of 2017 and Timothée Chalamet!

with this and Little Women, Chalamet's awards game this season is strong. 

only makes his entrance into the blockbuster scene even more exciting with Dune next year. 

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

with this and Little Women, Chalamet's awards game this season is strong. 

only makes his entrance into the blockbuster scene even more exciting with Dune next year. 

I don't think he'll get a nomination this year, but he still has what'll probably be the best big budget film of 2020 coming up

36 minutes ago, TMP said:

Wow, a new film with the guy who gave the best male performance of 2017 and Timothée Chalamet!

I don't know why you're taking the piss, that was actually a good acting performance, (even if everything around him was dreadful.)

Just now, Avatree said:

I don't know why you're taking the piss, that was actually a good acting performance, (even if everything around him was dreadful.)

Chalamet's great in CMBYN, I just thought Pattinson was better in Good Time. Both were better than Oldman though

Just now, TMP said:

Chalamet's great in CMBYN, I just thought Pattinson was better in Good Time. Both were better than Oldman though

My apologies, I thought you were referring to Joel Edgerton "the best of 2017, and Timothee Chalamet" (i.e. in BRIGHT) .:lol:

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This looks like a potential mess but I'm here for it regardless.

David Mitchod's pretty hit or miss. War Machine was pretty bad I thought. Also it's a Shakespeare adaptation with none of the bard's writings? Hmm...

Edited by TMP

@CJohn Some good news for TVI: the Raminhos Sunday show is not very strong. 9.1% / 19.1% this past Sunday in only its 2nd episode. It led amongst the competition, but the rivals were weaker. So maybe MasterChef does have a chance to take victories... until Married At First Sight S2 in October. And TVI, dumbasses as they are, just announced that Kitchen Nightmares will not premiere until 2020, meaning that MasterChef will last until the final week of November and they already have the Your Face Sounds Familiar specials for Christmas and New Year, so in all likelihood, they will just rely on Na Corda Bamba (the new soap) or Prisioneira to get the job... not done. Of course, it also means that, in all likelihood, they will not put MasterChef on Saturdays and use it as a Sunday-only show instead, meaning that Saturdays will continue to be the broken disaster they are atm.

For the record, the repeat of Mar de Paixão premiered to stunning results. 8.1% share. Fantastic. The Globo soap from SIC, A Dona do Pedaço, broke rating records and hit numbers not seen since O Outro Lado do Paraíso as a consequence. It seems Mar de Paixão pulled the impossible and actually managed to scare off even more people after the end of Like Me. TVI. Bunch of geniuses, really.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

All of Netflix's big fall movies have theatrical and streaming dates now. Pleasantly surprised at how soon we'll get to see The Laundromat and Dolemite is my Name.

Edited by gadd
  • Like 3