Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

42 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Wait, so how does this 3 years of D+ thingy work? Do I have to be a member of something to get it? If so, what does it cost to become a member?

D23. The Disney fan club.  It is free, or you can get a whole bunch of stuff if you are a gold member, but that is 100.00.  d23.com

Edited by carolwoodpr
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Wow, that’s  a bargain, where do I sign?

Right, I don't want one and don't have another!  Nothing of value was sacrificed.  :rofl:

ETA:  d23.com is finally back up.

Live footage of me signing up:

giphy.gif

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

*Me Logs in TCM.COM*

TCM: Hey! We're showing Lawrence of Arabia --

Me: I know.  I'm here for Judy in Easter Parade --

TCM: BUT IT'S ON THE BIG SCREEN --

Me: That's Nice, but NOT Band Wagon --

TCM: SEE IT IN ON THE BIG SCREEN

Me: Does Gene Kelly dance in the desert? Now let me --

TCM: LAAAAWRREEENCE.

Me: Aaaah okay.  If I lie to you will you stop showing me the same trailer 10 times a day? Good.  Fred and Ginger time.

TCM: IT'S SEPTEMBER 4.

Me: This is why I watch things on YouTube, even if it's shitty quality.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

^^ But it’s LAWRENCE, so accept being graced with its promo and be happy. 🤔

I guess it is better than seeing Shawshank all next month.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I saw this trending on twitter yesterday and was stunned.  Looking back all those years ago, I wish I never played it because classic WoW was like as addictive as meth.  Way too many hours of my life spent raiding, playing capture the flag in WSG, and PvPing in Arathi Basin and Blackrock Mountain.  So yeah, I'll be staying far away for that.  I actually haven't played a video game ever since WoW because of it.

Yeah, it's a fucking addictive game. I remember when I was 15, skipping school to play world of warcraft. Staying up all night playing 12 hours straight. It's crazy.

Now as an adult I'm much less concerned about it.... although I would say i do have an addictive personality. But TBH i think a WOW addiction is preferable to drug addiction (which i have). Maybe playing it will reduce my drug consumption :lol:

16 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Maybe playing it will reduce my drug consumption :lol:

I think it rather furthers the ‚mindset‘ long term. Not sure about the correct term, can‘t find it in the dictionary 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CJohn said:

The Summer horror will continue into the Fall then. The new soap will tank and so will Masterchef. Mark my words, it will lose even against a silly and weak Raminhos show.

Yeah, the soap is destined to tank. Again, I don't think MasterChef will tank just yet. We'll see if Did You Get The Message (the Raminhos show) can fight it off or not. The show is very good but I don't think fits Sunday too well. Would be better off as a Saturday show like Comedy On The Edge. Either way, MasterChef will probably round out the 9/10% rating range for the time being, then it will sink when it faces the Cristina-hosted Golden Globes and will finally die for good when Married premieres.

On the plus side, TVI just announced two big things: a new Pedro Fernandes game show and that Fátima is on the process of being swapped out for Goucha in the afternoons, which I guess would leave her as Maria's partner in the morning. But the Goucha show is being announced as on the Júlia style, which will be a huge fail as that's not the Goucha style and it's just more of the fucking same. Plus, who even likes Goucha anymore? If it were fun and lively like Você na TV, it'd be good competition, but alas. The game show might be either a 7PM or a Saturday choice, depending on whether they're still gonna go ahead with more Raid The Cage.

Edited by MCKillswitch123