Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

52 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Some good news for TVI: the Raminhos Sunday show is not very strong. 9.1% / 19.1% this past Sunday in only its 2nd episode. It led amongst the competition, but the rivals were weaker. So maybe MasterChef does have a chance to take victories... until Married At First Sight S2 in October. And TVI, dumbasses as they are, just announced that Kitchen Nightmares will not premiere until 2020, meaning that MasterChef will last until the final week of November and they already have the Your Face Sounds Familiar specials for Christmas and New Year, so in all likelihood, they will just rely on Na Corda Bamba (the new soap) or Prisioneira to get the job... not done. Of course, it also means that, in all likelihood, they will not put MasterChef on Saturdays and use it as a Sunday-only show instead, meaning that Saturdays will continue to be the broken disaster they are atm.

For the record, the repeat of Mar de Paixão premiered to stunning results. 8.1% share. Fantastic. The Globo soap from SIC, A Dona do Pedaço, broke rating records and hit numbers not seen since O Outro Lado do Paraíso as a consequence. It seems Mar de Paixão pulled the impossible and actually managed to scare off even more people after the end of Like Me. TVI. Bunch of geniuses, really.

The Summer horror will continue into the Fall then. The new soap will tank and so will Masterchef. Mark my words, it will lose even against a silly and weak Raminhos show.

8 hours ago, Avatree said:

Classic WoW is out!! Most excited I have ever been for any game release ever I think>!!!!

Shame it was too popular a launch that the game was down all night (I couldn't even access my account to buy subscription). Hopefully it's smoothed out by the time I get home from work, then I can say goodbye to my future life.

The 5 hour queues are certainly something else. Truly the classic experience for everyone.

21 hours ago, cannastop said:

This is gonna be interesting as i think millennial and Gen Z sort of have different experiences around transsexual and gender fluidity in general. Not that millennial are against gender fluidity but we really did not grow up with these concepts as much (i am around 30). 

Like what is seen as correct with my millennial friends around trans rights (that there are only 2 sexes) but agree gender is fluid would be seen as trans-phobic by many teens today. 

You could have over time a difference like you see between baby boomers and millennial on social issues as well hopefully not as extreme.

Also, I think the stats have been misunderstood by many, I think around 10% of the population falls in the LGBTQ community but a lot of people are bi curious or bi sexual though. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

14 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This is gonna be interesting as i think millennial and Gen Z sort of have different experiences around transsexual and gender fluidity in general. Not that millennial are against gender fluidity but we really did not grow up with these concepts as much (i am around 30). 

Like what is seen as correct with my millennial friends around trans rights (that there are only 2 sexes) but agree gender is fluid would be seen as trans-phobic by many teens today. 

You could have over time a difference like you see between baby boomers and millennial on social issues as well hopefully not as extreme.

Also, I think the stats have been misunderstood by many, I think around 10% of the population falls in the LGBTQ community but a lot of people are bi curious or bi sexual though. 

old people have opinions that are not going to go away

look at everything else.

it's gonna be sad and secretive

Screen_Shot_2019-08-27_at_2.50.18_PM.png

*insert Chris Evans laughing gif*

This is what happens when everyone suddenly finds out that your D23 Exclusive $149 Three-Year-Subscription to Disney+ is now available for everyone.  And no, you don't need to pay the $100 year membership fee.  Even general members.  

It's a STEAL if anyone's thinking about getting Disney+.  Works out to about $3.50 a month.

I *don't* know if it works with the Hulu/ESPN+ package.  But for me, its a very simple cancel Netflix and add that to the existing Hulu package solution.

Deal ends 9/2 for those thinking about it.

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

...but if you cancel Netflix how will you watch NO GOOD NICK? :( 

Like everyone else: steal someone's password?

Edited by captainwondyful
typo
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

Screen_Shot_2019-08-27_at_2.50.18_PM.png

*insert Chris Evans laughing gif*

This is what happens when everyone suddenly finds out that your D23 Exclusive $149 Three-Year-Subscription to Disney+ is now available for everyone.  And no, you don't need to pay the $100 year membership fee.  Even general members.  

It's a STEAL if anyone's thinking about getting Disney+.  Works out to about $3.50 a month.

So when is d23 gonna be back up.  This is so frustrating.