Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

13 hours ago, CJohn said:

Goucha is getting paid like 70.000€ a month to be embarassed by people like Cláudio Ramos, Raminhos and Mourão. Fucking lmao.

They should use RAP's show after Jornal das 8 or during it like they did on Sundays. That should increase the ratings and give the new soap a good launching pad.

Goucha has had one of the biggest falls from grace I have ever seen. He went from the guy who was carrying TVI's mornings to 30%+ just last year on his own and made Secret Story 7 a hit... to the guy who can barely manage half of Cláudio fucking Ramos and does worse on his own than someone the GA barely knows (Maria).

I wouldn't even count the RAP show as a given, at this point. The repeats of the show on Sunday nights have likely hurt it. And even if RAP does alright, the soap will go the Alma e Coração way, which made 13% rating coming off a 17% lead-in (Cristina Ferreira's Jornal da Noite interview), but on an even lesser scale. With the non-existing marketing they have right now, they're begging for a soap that will manage to find ways to make the Amar Depois de Amar and Prisioneira duo look good.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Haha 1

Also, I'm not an apologist for monopolizations or anything like that, but the video game market is not monopolized by any stretch, so I'll say this: woop woop for Sony acquiring Insomniac. About fucking time, as a matter of fact. Insomniac was always a Sony company through and through, apart from Sunset Overdrive. The success of Spider-Man and Microsoft's recent acquisition binge must've been the tipping points for this to occur.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aabattery said:

Because a shitload more people use Facebook than Twitter.

However Facebook has become way less about news and most traffic has gone onto IG which is hardly politcal but Twitter is still the same place full of bots and echo chambers though. 

59 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

However Facebook has become way less about news and most traffic has gone onto IG which is hardly politcal but Twitter is still the same place full of bots and echo chambers though. 

Is this a thing you can actually prove or do you just feel like it's become that way?

Not sure why you're acting like "the media" doesn't roast Twitter as well, anyway. It's not a zero-sum game, they can both have negative impacts on society. 

21 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Is this a thing you can actually prove or do you just feel like it's become that way?

Not sure why you're acting like "the media" doesn't roast Twitter as well, anyway. It's not a zero-sum game, they can both have negative impacts on society. 

FB feeds have become far less political by design though in response to 2016 and traffic has gone down a lot...

https://fortune.com/2018/08/09/facebook-traffic-down/#targetText=Facebook's%20Traffic%20Is%20Down%20Nearly%2050%25%20in%202%20Years&targetText=In%20the%20last%20two%20years,billion%2C%20SimilarWeb%20revealed%20on%20Wednesday.&targetText=The%20researcher%20contends%20that%20many,to%20access%20the%20social%20network.

I think the media dont go after twitter much as Twitter does most of the jobs for journalists these days.

How to generate ad revenue for the news corporation 'lets put on some clickbait arguements from twitter as actual news'. 

Like to me that is having a bigger harm on society in 2019, one can argue FB was more harmful back in 2016.

Edited by Lordmandeep

47 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Man I have no idea how people can balance work with a proper social life. Some please teach me.

Well its simple, you have less time so you have less time to socialize.

Pretty much if you want to do anything with friends you have to plan in advance.

Like if i want to meet with friends i give like a 2 week notice.