Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, Eric Plus said:

I have now assimilated into the Di$ney culture. I am a sheep.

Join the club. Opening up Disney+ on Tuesday morning will be like waking up on Christmas and seeing all the presents Santa brought you for me (also changed my avatar cause 'tis the season).

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Join the club. Opening up Disney+ on Tuesday morning will be like waking up on Christmas and seeing all the presents Santa brought you for me (also changed my avatar cause 'tis the season).

Well actually I haven't preordered it yet. Might wait a few months when there's a bit more content and some of the Netflix contracts wrap up. I just wanted to show off my punny name. :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

Well actually I haven't preordered it yet. Might wait a few months when there's a bit more content and some of the Netflix contracts wrap up. I just wanted to show off my punny name. :lol: 

Speaking of Netflix have you even watched The King starring the statistics king yet? I'm so disappointed.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Speaking of Netflix have you even watched The King starring the statistics king yet? I'm so disappointed.

Midterms have made me cut out all movie watching for me :( Thankfully my last midterm is on Wednesday, and I'm hoping to see The King when it's all done (and Jojo and Parasite and Dolemite and Doctor Sleep...this time of year is stressful for my movie watching)

Just now, TMP said:

Is Mandalorian even gonna be good? It's out in less than two days and they're hiding it from critics, idk

As somebody who supports everything Philly-related (outside of Cosby...and lowkey Kevin Hart), I have to stan a series that features Carl Weathers (yes I know Weathers isn't actually from Philly, don't have to comment and be a know-it-all)

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

Is Mandalorian even gonna be good? It's out in less than two days and they're hiding it from critics, idk

You can thank Lucasfilm's at times bordering on pathological spoiler policy/mystery box marketing for that.

FWIW, word on the grapevine is that it is exceptional.  But, again, consider the sources are folks connected to Disney so grain of salt and all that,.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

this time of year is stressful for my movie watching.

I hear ya. I love the entire holiday season because it means plenty of time to do everything including movies but at the same time...so many movies (on top of Christmas shopping for everyone). My list of movies to see for the rest of the year (including titles not expanding until January):

Honey Boy

Ford v Ferrari

Waves

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Frozen II

Dark Waters

Knives Out

Queen & Slim

Jumanji

Richard Jewell

Bombshell

Cats

Star Wars

Little Women

Just Mercy

The Irishman

Marriage Story

The Two Popes

Thanksgiving through New Year's needs to be dubbed the most stressful time of year, in addition to the most wonderful.

32 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

As somebody who supports everything Philly-related (outside of Cosby...and lowkey Kevin Hart), I have to stan a series that features Carl Weathers (yes I know Weathers isn't actually from Philly, don't have to comment and be a know-it-all)

Philly related or Pennsylvania related? As far as Crosby goes there's a BIG difference because he's definitely not Philly related. Philly hated maybe haha!

What say you @75Live?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Philly related or Pennsylvania related? As far as Crosby goes there's a BIG difference because he's definitely not Philly related. Philly hated maybe haha!

What say you @75Live?

Well I don't think Bing Crosby has anything to do with Philly. But for Mr. Cosby, he was born in Philly, he went to Temple. Fat Albert took place in Philly.  He's sadly got that blood :whosad: 

17 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

Well I don't think Bing Crosby has anything to do with Philly. But for Mr. Cosby, he was born in Philly, he went to Temple. Fat Albert took place in Philly.  He's sadly got that blood :whosad: 

Oh man, dont I feel stupid. I was in hockey mode and thinking you were talking about Sidney Crosby, who plays for Pittsburgh and is absolutely loathed in Philly.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

What are you doing first?  Do you have a game plan?  Mine is:

1. Hocus Pocus (didn't watch it on Halloween this year cause I was too cheap to buy it when I knew Disney+ was coming in two weeks)

2. Lady and The Tramp

3. 101 Dalmatians / 101 Dalmatians (Glenn Close)

4. Mary Poppins

5. The Sound of Music.

Well I can see why it costs $6 million an episode.

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/streaming/these-animator-reels-from-netflixs-green-eggs-and-ham-are-incredible-182232.html

Numerous studios were involved in the production of Green Eggs and Ham, starting with Warner Bros. Animation itself. The WB credits highlight plenty of 2d feature film veterans, among them T. Daniel Hofstedt, Mike Greenholt, Skip Jones, and Chris Wahl. Other studios that did heavy lifting on the character animation include Folimage in France, Snipple Animation Studios in Manila, Philippines, Tonic DNA in Montreal, Canada, and Yowza Animation in Toronto, Canada.

So this is what former 2D WDAS animators are doing now.

Shame not everyone gets onscreen credit.

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well I can see why it costs $6 million an episode.

"Sadly, but not surprisingly, none of the individual animators, assistants, inbetweeners, and clean-up artists who worked at the studios besides Warner Bros. Animation were given screen credits. It’s a tragic oversight, especially seeing as how much of this show’s success owes to the skills of the animators who worked on it."

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/streaming/these-animator-reels-from-netflixs-green-eggs-and-ham-are-incredible-182232.html

Death Stranding is pretty great so far. Only on Chapter 3 and started getting weapons are whatnot. Story is intriguing and the online aspect with people contributing to building bridges and roads is neat. The "likes" thing is overdone but I guess it fits with today's social media environment. Game looks gorgeous and runs so smooth on a regular ps4.