Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

‘His Dark Materials’: BBC/HBO Show Becomes Biggest New Drama On British TV In 5 Years With 7.2M Viewers

I'm glad this is a big hit. This is justice for Ruth Wilson after she was fired from The Affair for complaining about not getting the same salary as her male co-star.  :bravo:  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm glad this is a big hit. This is justice for Ruth Wilson after she was fired from The Affair for complaining about not getting the same salary as her male co-star.

But Mondays on HBO? It must mostly be a BBC production, because it is one of the most anticipated new shows of the year.

17 hours ago, Napoleon said:

‘His Dark Materials’: BBC/HBO Show Becomes Biggest New Drama On British TV In 5 Years With 7.2M Viewers

I'm glad this is a big hit. This is justice for Ruth Wilson after she was fired from The Affair for complaining about not getting the same salary as her male co-star.  :bravo:  

Well why would she? Dominic West is more famous than her so he would be expected to earn more for his role

4 hours ago, TMP said:

The reactions to the reviews of this game are hilarious. I don't think casuals who buy this due to hype know what they are in for. If people thought Red Dead 2 was boring, this will piss them off even more. Kojima with a blank check and no supervision. Can't wait.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

The reactions to the reviews of this game are hilarious. I don't think casuals who buy this due to hype know what they are in for. If people thought Red Dead 2 was boring, this will piss them off even more. Kojima with a blank check and no supervision. Can't wait.  

Yeah, it really sounds like Kojima swung for the fences which I love; one of the reasons I barely buy games anymore is since they feel so incredibly homogenous now, and this feels like a real shot in the arm for that medium.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yeah, it really sounds like Kojima swung for the fences which I love; one of the reasons I barely buy games anymore is since they feel so incredibly homogenous now, and this feels like a real shot in the arm for that medium.

I still play a few games (I'm playing Outer Worlds right now and I love the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games so its a fun game even if its bland) but most games are quite homogenous and its really hard to have fun playing most of them these days. Bought Spider-man PS4 in July and I was only able to play the game for a few hours and then I got bored. It feels like literally every other open world game. The only cool part is the swinging but thats only cool for the first hour before that gets boring too.  Honestly, I just stick to smaller games or older ones. Had a lot of fun playing Celeste, Transition, Morrowind, Resident Evil REmake (its astonishing how this game is so scary eventhough its over a decade old while the recent Resident Evil 2 remake was fun but nowhere near as scary) within the past year.

RDR2 (waiting for it to come out on Steam), Death Stranding, TLOU 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Watch Dogs Legion (the every human in the game is playable part) seem like they are trying to push the medium and those are the only games I'm excited for outside of any Bethesda Softworks game that isn't multiplayer.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I still play a few games (I'm playing Outer Worlds right now and I love the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games so its a fun game even if its bland) but most games are quite homogenous and its really hard to have fun playing most of them these days. Bought Spider-man PS4 in July and I was only able to play the game for a few hours and then I got bored. It feels like literally every other open world game. The only cool part is the swinging but thats only cool for the first hour before that gets boring too.  Honestly, I just stick to smaller games or older ones. Had a lot of fun playing Celeste, Transition, Morrowind, Resident Evil REmake (its astonishing how this game is so scary eventhough its over a decade old while the recent Resident Evil 2 remake was fun but nowhere near as scary) within the past year.

RDR2 (waiting for it to come out on Steam), Death Stranding, TLOU 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Watch Dogs Legion (the every human in the game is playable part) seem like they are trying to push the medium and those are the only games I'm excited for outside of any Bethesda Softworks game that isn't multiplayer.

I agree on Spiderman but the story and traversal put it above most oft he typical Ubisoft type open worlds. I would say give the Yakuza series a try. Their open world stuff is much more interesting and wacky.

12 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

I agree on Spiderman but the story and traversal put it above most oft he typical Ubisoft type open worlds. I would say give the Yakuza series a try. Their open world stuff is much more interesting and wacky.

Spiderman PS4's story seems interesting but I still can't get into it. I'll probably give it another try during my winter break. Played Yakuza 0 when it came to PC and it was pretty wacky like you said. Shenmue 2 is also an incredibly weird game. One thing that interests me about Death Stranding is that it seems to have some of wackiness of those games.

Edited by lorddemaxus