Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Spiderman PS4's story seems interesting but I still can't get into it. I'll probably give it another try during my winter break. Played Yakuza 0 when it came to PC and it was pretty wacky like you said. Shenmue 2 is also an incredibly weird game. One thing that interests me about Death Stranding is that it seems to have some of wackiness of those games.

The combat/gameplay was fine and good in Spidey, albeit very indebted to the Spidey 2 game, but it was the plot that I really dug; it got the character better than most other media portrayals. I agree with @EarlyDeadlinePredictions on the traversal though, the swinging was really fun even if the combat felt a bit blasé

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Honkbal(l) is such a badass name for a sport! 👍

(heard about the name thanks to Hensley Meulens being the coach of the Netherlands WBC team)

Yeah you might not know it but there are a lot of Dutch speaking baseball players, from the former colonies of the Netherlands in the Caribbean.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah you might not know it but there are a lot of Dutch speaking baseball players, from the former colonies of the Netherlands in the Caribbean.

Thanks to the Meulens connection ("Bam Bam" Meulens was a long time coach for the Giants who probably is gonna be with a new team next year). I did know that. Others might not though so it's a good reminder.

• Like 1

"As part of a broader effort to reclaim rights to a range of content, Disney and Starz reached an agreement that returned the Star Wars streaming rights to Disney in time for the launch of Disney+. In exchange, Disney has conceded to allow promotions for the Starz streaming service to appear at the end of the registration process for certain new subscribers."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

"As part of a broader effort to reclaim rights to a range of content, Disney and Starz reached an agreement that returned the Star Wars streaming rights to Disney in time for the launch of Disney+. In exchange, Disney has conceded to allow promotions for the Starz streaming service to appear at the end of the registration process for certain new subscribers."

I just paid the $70 for a full year of Disney+ for when it launches next Tuesday so I'm guessing I won't be seeing this.

2 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

The Little Mermaid Live is WHACK and I love it.

Watched it as well. It was alright as far as live musicals go, though the sound mixing was clearly a mess at times. I feel like Grease Live will always remain the masterpiece among these. The performers were good though (except Shaggy as Sebastian lmao), and Queen Latifah was great as expected as Ursula (I wouldn't be against her also playing the part in the live-action remake but I'm looking forward to what Melissa McCarthy will bring to the character).

40 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

ICONS.  We only stan ICONS in the house.

Disney is a flop if they don't already have him locked up to complete the Chris Candlelight trilogy at Disneyland early next month (they're keeping who the celebrity narrator is a secret until the day of like they've done these past two years for Hemsworth and Pratt).

Edited by filmlover