Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 hours ago, Eric in Boots said:

This shit sucks so hard. Fuck this fucking garbage year

To think that back in 2016 people said it was the worst year in forever

Almost nostalgic. 2016. Feels like an eternity.

4 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Why do you continue to make posts like this in multiple threads? Production is finished. There’s zero chance this isn’t released. 

I did not say it would never be released. It was supposed to be shown this fall,but you know it's going to be postponed. Postponed is not the same as never being released.

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

NBCUniversal hyping this up to become the next Crackle.

Apparently they might not have the distribution rights for Roku and Amazon platforms before launch day.

I'm sure there's probably a whole bunch of legal jargon that makes deals with them hard and Max and Peacock will probs be fine in the long run, but #NotToGetIntoStudioWars, it really is astonishing how perfect of a launch Disney had by all accounts, while all the other studios are flailing in their attempts.

I guess Mickey's Law really is the one constant in the universe.

Disney was always gonna have an advantage over everyone else because they're the only studio that is actually seen as a brand first and foremost. Universal is also in the theme park business but it's not the same thing (most of the attractions in their parks are licensed by other studios).

Meanwhile, looks like we can prepare to get the Mariah grave gif ready for Quibi even sooner than expected:

https://deadline.com/2020/07/quibi-converts-just-8-percent-of-free-trials-to-paid-subscriptions-new-report-says-1202981420/

40 minutes ago, Eric in Boots said:

Apparently they might not have the distribution rights for Roku and Amazon platforms before launch day.

I'm sure there's probably a whole bunch of legal jargon that makes deals with them hard and Max and Peacock will probs be fine in the long run, but #NotToGetIntoStudioWars, it really is astonishing how perfect of a launch Disney had by all accounts, while all the other studios are flailing in their attempts.

I guess Mickey's Law really is the one constant in the universe.

A lot of HBO Max's and Peacock's problems would've been solved if they had just bought an experienced streaming service developer like how Disney bought Bamtech (now called Disney Streaming Services) instead of trying to do it themselves. Other than that, Disney was lucky that a lot of their deals with other streaming services were ending at the right time, that Amazon didn't make the stupid deal they are making with HBO Max and (presumably) Peacock right now, and that baby Yoda went viral.

On 7/9/2020 at 5:02 PM, Eric in Boots said:

Remember when the internet thought Joseph Gordon Levitt was the big hot thing for all of one year before never showing up again.

Edited by The Panda

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

Remember when the internet thought Joseph Gordon Levitt was the big hot thing for all of one year before never showing up again.

This is like the “hunger games left no impact” debate where it feels like we talk about this every couple of months.

though I did realize that Channing Tatum kind of just disappeared. Dude was everywhere for like 3 or 4 years, but the last thing he was in was like...The Golden Circle? Maybe he wanted to take a break

3 minutes ago, Eric in Boots said:

This is like the “hunger games left no impact” debate where it feels like we talk about this every couple of months.

though I did realize that Channing Tatum kind of just disappeared. Dude was everywhere for like 3 or 4 years, but the last thing he was in was like...The Golden Circle? Maybe he wanted to take a break

He's still preparing for that Gambit movie.