Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Everything about CNN+ always sounded floppy. It should have been a tab on HBO MAX from the beginning.

6 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I love this part.

This is legendary stuff :hahaha:

So it seems like nobody is liking this obvious Emmy bait Viola Davis/Michelle Pfeiffer/Gillian Anderson First Ladies anthology series on Showtime huh. I'm trying to figure out when it was exactly they as a network started to become largely irrelevant after being in the awards conversation for so long. Must've been around the time Dexter limped across the finish line/Homeland going downhill/their inexplicable abandonment of vehicles for veteran actresses (Weeds, Nurse Jackie, The United States of Tara, The Big C).

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

So it seems like nobody is liking this obvious Emmy bait Viola Davis/Michelle Pfeiffer/Gillian Anderson First Ladies anthology series on Showtime huh. I'm trying to figure out when it was exactly they as a network started to become largely irrelevant after being in the awards conversation for so long. Must've been around the time Dexter limped across the finish line/Homeland going downhill/their inexplicable abandonment of vehicles for veteran actresses (Weeds, Nurse Jackie, The United States of Tara, The Big C).

Their shows started to flop and they had nothing relevant to replace them with because by then people had moved to streaming. Quite easy to see what happened.

Yellowjackets was really good. But I'm sure like any half decent showtime show it'll start getting bad three seasons in, i'll drop it and won't think about it again until like 2029 when I randomly look it up and go "holy shit how is that show still going?"

40 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Their shows started to flop and they had nothing relevant to replace them with because by then people had moved to streaming. Quite easy to see what happened.

It certainly seems like they've been hurt big time by streaming becoming a dominant force with all the good projects going to either said services or to networks still going strong like HBO. As much as I love Davis, the concept of her as Michelle Obama is a cute idea for an SNL skit at best. 

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

@Porthos cool thing with last night for the Giants and Alyssa Nakken.

For folks unaware:

As the article notes, she's been coaching first base for a handful of exhibition games, but this was the first time in a game that counts.  Also, I wouldn't be surprised one whit if she becomes the full time first base coach within a couple of years; either for the Giants or for another organization. 

• Like 2

Well, I guess this is how his career ends (he's 84 so it's not like his time left isn't already on the limited side).

• Astonished 1

Fuck DIRECTV. I hope the company dies as soon as possible. Fuckers charged me $60 for eventhough I cancelled my subscription (and the only way was to chat with someone). I only wanted to use the free trial to watch the Oscars and didn't know I'd have to go through all this shit. How do I even get my money's worth on this?

• Sad 1