Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

We're currently doing a musical called 25th Spelling Bee and the music in it sounds like something from a Disney channel musical.

well yeah lol... they're literally making that into a Disney thing.

Lots of theater stuff for students is babyish for some reason.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

We're currently doing a musical called 25th Spelling Bee and the music in it sounds like something from a Disney channel musical. And so many other musicals I've listen to sound similar imo.

I love that show. Jesse Tyler Ferguson was in a production of that and he's amazing :)

3 hours ago, The Eric King said:

I love that show. Jesse Tyler Ferguson was in a production of that and he's amazing :)

Yeah, most people seemed to love it (Im part of tech and the person I'm working under gave weird looks for not having any reactions during the table read today). The sound of these new musicals just isn't for me. Fun Home is one of the few ones I've enjoyed.

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, most people seemed to love it (Im part of tech and the person I'm working under gave weird looks for not having any reactions during the table read today). The sound of these new musicals just isn't for me. Fun Home is one of the few ones I've enjoyed.

That's a great one too. I keep telling myself to get around to reading Bechdel's graphic novel about it.

The Emmy's ratings are awful, all time low of 6m viewers. 

2022-9-12-Mon-FinalBcast-LSD.png

Once you include the ESPN and ESPN2 numbers of MNF, 8m and 1.5m respectively added to the 10.3m for ABC more than 3x as many people watched MNF over the Emmy's. 

source: https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-monday-9-12-2022-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

• Haha 1