Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

51 minutes ago, AJG said:

Streaming Services might need to up their advertising budgets because Andor and Jujutsu Kaisen 0 both dropped today and I had no idea until I turned on my TV.

Well, Andor at least had pretty heavy promotion stateside (both on earned media and on actual TV commercials), so while I can't comment about the UK, here at least a decent amount of coin was spent on it.

32 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Well, Andor at least had pretty heavy promotion stateside (both on earned media and on actual TV commercials), so while I can't comment about the UK, here at least a decent amount of coin was spent on it.

I forgot the Queens death sucked all the air over here for the last 2 weeks. Promo was probably impacted. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Fuck Da Yankees though.

Honestly didn't know Judge did this.

There was a good discussion about this on election Twitter of all places last week. Like generational talents are playing in the MLB and they could genuinely walk down the street in any city in the US and not be recognized.

• Like 2

Taking a short story writing class this semester and I just realized all my short stories are mystery boxes. As an amateur writer myself, I can see the appeal for bad writers like Abrams. It's so easy to move the plot by adding random shit in the form of unraveling a mystery.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Eric from Progressive said:

No no no. Jon Hamm got cast in the newest season of The Morning Show. Guess that promo worked in the end.

was gonna say, "At least Hamm still has Flo to fall back on", but this is probably better for him.

30 minutes ago, cannastop said:

@Porthos

Jet Fuel Corked Bats can't melt hit steel beams home runs, or sumthin', probably.

(hey, I don't have much to work with here)

((for those who don't recall or were too young/not born yet, Sosa also got in trouble for having corked bats — even though they do jack all when it comes to power hitting))

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1