Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Welp, finally got COVID. 🥳

Now I can definitively say I am not a fan of this. Bad experience don’t recommend it.

I've had it twice now.  First time December 2020, and again very recently on the first week of August.

First infection was really fucking bad for about 2 months and I still got some lingering issues from it like limits on exercise/activity and neuropathy-like pains in my legs and feet.  Long Covid is a fucking bitch.  At the time I was stressed working really long hours and going through like 2-3 bottles of wine a week which probably tanked my immune system.

Second infection was really mild, just a really sore throat for about 4 days.  I think thats from a combination of leftover antibodies from the prior infection + vaxx and the OG variant being much worse than Omicron.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Welp, finally got COVID. 🥳

Now I can definitively say I am not a fan of this. Bad experience don’t recommend it.

My girlfriend and my dad got a pretty few bad days. I was lucky. The only time I had it, it was pretty much a normal flu.

I wish you a speedy recovery in order to be able to see DWD in theaters :hahaha:

Edited by CJohn

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Deleted Twitter for a week. Reinstalled it a few days ago and I realized that the people who I follow who fill up my feed (because they tweet so much) are just annoying, and I only follow them because I share they're opinions. They're all so petty and self-absorbed lol. 

...I'm an exception right? :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Eric from Progressive said:

Well, we're fucked. My deepest apologies to all our Italian members here.

There is a lot to unpack in this election, and while FDI absolutely has fascist influence, this coalition doesn't really have the numbers to fear for an authoritarian swing, and even with big numbers like these for the right the government likely will not last long as is italian tradition. Salvini (or whoever Lega replaces him with given the terrible results for them) will likely try to play opposition to some degree, too, to regain some of the voters FDI stole from it. If there are very controversial minister nominees, Mattarella (bless this man) is likely to prevent them from happening.

I hate Meloni and pretty much all parties in the winning coalition, but overseas press has pushed the narrative a bit too much, and I say this as someone who absolutely despises the trio of FDI+FI+Lega. Realistically speaking this coalition needed to receive 67% of the seats to be truly scared, and even then I think internal discord with Lega could've prevented huge moves from happening. But they  didn't even get that many to begin with, so I don't see it happening. It will be a very far right, conservative, and given the precedents of the right, likely massively fiscally incompetent and the spread will rise to hell and back until someone rescues us. Again. A technical government will replace them and they'll manage to spin it into it not being their fault, again, because Berlusconi has control over mediaset.

tl;dr realistically, the things to fear for? Some historically fiscally irresponsible parties are going to try to navigate the country through a crisis (and this is terrifying to me, mind you; the scars of Berlusconi's time might never heal). Absolutely no civil rights will be gained with this government, and some will likely take a step back even (in regards to LGBTQ, immigration and religious matters). Some will say abortion too and that's possible, though Italy already has so many objectors I'm not sure they'll even bother trying to attack it.

I'm not sure if my explanation makes sense to an outsider, but Italian politics are a mess. I tried to keep it simple, but it's probably still kind of hard to make sense of.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Deleted Twitter for a week. Reinstalled it a few days ago and I realized that the people who I follow who fill up my feed (because they tweet so much) are just annoying, and I only follow them because I share they're opinions. They're all so petty and self-absorbed lol. 

I took a break from reddit and it was nice

All the dooming and people stuck in 2020 was really annoying.

I just notice how people out in the real world is so different then what you read or hear on Reddit and twitter, its wacky.

But I do find people on these apps have this holier then thou attitude among them. 
"oh I got my 4th dose, all those anti vaxers gonna die this winter ahahahah"

(yet their version of an anti vaxer is now someone who took 2-3 shots and is done with more lol) 

Edited by Torontofan

3 hours ago, AJG said:

How bad is US TV right now? Monarch, a show that launched with disastrous ratings and will likely be cancelled before the end of the year, is able to run ads like this:

It is a rotten corpse right now.

13 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

never heard of that show looked it up wow anna friel is the main part, i was kind of crushing on her when she was in Pushing Daises back in the day. thought she'd have a bigger career but i've seen her in literally nothing since.

All I know is that every Ad and poster looks like this:

monarch-tv-show-t.jpg

Susan Sarandon dies in the first episode.

She’s not in the show.