Well, if y'all don't hear from me after Wed, it's been fun knowing y'all! 🫡

Edited by Porthos
  • Heart 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Legion in Boots said:

Californians when a little rain is forecast:

via Gfycat

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, I'm usually joking as well (NOTE: I was totally joking in my last post), but earlier today I actually got an automated phone message from SMUD (our local utility provider) warning us about an imminent storm and we've NEVER gotten one from them before.

Kinda just laughed it off until I saw that storm off the coast.

Okay, I'm still laughing it off, but now I kiiiiiiiinda understand why SMUD actually sent out an alert this time. 

Yeah my dad apparently got some kind of alert to keep driving to a minimum for the next few days because roads might be flooded, which is, ahhh…. atypical.     

Still I’m sure if I grew up in a place with Real Rain™️ I’d be kind of chucklesmirking right now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Porthos said:

I mean, I'm usually joking as well (NOTE: I was totally joking in my last post), but earlier today I actually got an automated phone message from SMUD (our local utility provider) warning us about an imminent storm and we've NEVER gotten one from them before.

Kinda just laughed it off until I saw that storm off the coast.

Okay, I'm still laughing it off, but now I kiiiiiiiinda understand why SMUD actually sent out an alert this time. 

Sacramento is built on a flood plain protected by a levee system built in the 1880's as far as the Sacramento river goes. If the levees goes, the State Captiol cold be under water. 

On 1/4/2023 at 1:13 PM, Legion in Boots said:

Yeah my dad apparently got some kind of alert to keep driving to a minimum for the next few days because roads might be flooded, which is, ahhh…. atypical.     

Still I’m sure if I grew up in a place with Real Rain™️ I’d be kind of chucklesmirking right now.

Not in California atm and don't know how bad the situation is right now (just hoping my place did not get flooded lol). But I remember going to SF from Berkeley to watch Dune when it came out and the rain being pretty awful with BART stations and streets flooded.