Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

wow i'm surprised they're actually dumping him. a shame Christopher Plummer died before they needed a replacement we'll never get to hear his Morty voice.

Just crazy.

I figured there might be something off about this guy after the time he came work drunk in one of those behind the scenes videos they did for the show. No idea how Disney respond. I think they have 2 or 3 shows with the guy.

• Like 1

I actually kind of hope that they manage to find some very good soundalikes, because the writers and crew of the show shouldn’t have to pay for Roiland’s transgressions. They actually turned in a good season last year, it felt like they were mostly back on track after the middling season 4 and atrocious season 5. Either way though, barring a catastrophic drop in viewing figures, I’d imagine they get to the 10 seasons Adult Swim ordered and then that’s it.

I can’t imagine Disney keeping Solar Opposites going though.

Also, for Adult Swim to take this kind of action, they must be pretty sure that he’s looking at serving some sort of prison sentence. Can’t help but wonder if this was a preemptive strike to get ahead of that shitstorm.

Edited by SnokesLegs

On 1/23/2023 at 9:21 AM, filmlover said:

As we wait the next 24 hours for the Oscar nominations, these irrelevant fools announce "we're still alive" when they should be no more. Imagine telling a young girl (Ryan Kiera Armstrong) that she's up for Worst Actress.

lol mess

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Firestarter was the worst movie I saw from last year (to be fair, I skipped most of the stuff that automatically screamed "junk") and the girl is pretty bad in it but I wouldn't hold it against her when the entire movie should've been given the Batgirl treatment. If you're gonna nominate someone for acting from it, Zac Efron was literally right there as an easy target when he had a bad year between that and the Peter Farrelly flop whose title I've already forgotten.

Social media has taken the air out of the Razzies' tired shtick. There's fresh ugliness/bullying towards movies and celebrities every minute of every day online, anyone can hit send on their worst of lists, it's not cute or clever by the time the Razzies have their say.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, AJG said:

Just crazy.

I figured there might be something off about this guy after the time he came work drunk in one of those behind the scenes videos they did for the show. No idea how Disney respond. I think they have 2 or 3 shows with the guy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Social media has taken the air out of the Razzies' tired shtick. There's fresh ugliness/bullying towards movies and celebrities every minute of every day online, anyone can hit send on their worst of lists, it's not cute or clever by the time the Razzies have their say.

Razzies ceased to be amusing a long,long,time ago.

Still think the funniest show devoted to bad movies was "Mystery Science Theater 3000".Thank heaven it lived on with Rifftracks.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Honestly even before social media took over they were becoming boring and irrelevant. Those years where they were lazily nominating/rewarding Transformers and Twilight for everything made them uninteresting to pay attention to and by the time that stopped no one cared anymore.

• Like 1