Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

18 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Doesn't apply to Henry Kissinger

I hold to my principles, even for those who might very much do not deserve them.

(it's for me I choose to react in such a way, not Hypothetical Person I Might Be Alluding To Here 🙂)

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

I hold to my principles, even for those who might very much do not deserve them.

(it's for me I choose to react in such a way, not Hypothetical Person I Might Be Alluding To Here 🙂)

In India, the prevailing opinion is "Good riddance to the guy who always supported Pakistan"

Post by @theprintindia
View on Threads

One thing people in Vietnamese, whether they are in the south or the north have in common; They hate Kissenter's guts. North for the "temper tantrum" bombing of North Vietman in 1972, the South for lying to the South Vietamese Government about the US continuing finiancial and material support after the US Wirhdrawal.

I note he was a bid advocate of Ukraine basically surrending to Putin. He nover gave a damn about anything but the great powers; he had no idea of ethics whatsoever.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7047852

@baumer not quite the same gut-punch that was Downie’s passing, but this still hurts, especially as someone who really treasures Canadian rock. Glad I got to see them perform live a few years back.

For those of you who don’t know, I remember the day Gord Downie died felt as though Elvis had died. My entire down just had this grey cloud over them, it was surreal. Profs canceled class, people at work were sad. Surreal.

• Heart 1