Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

The book got big in 2020 during Covid. Harry Styles has a history with older women that well predates the Olivia Wilde relationship, though I'm sure the publicity helped generate studio interest.

Between The Idea of You and the After series you could practically program a day-long film festival of Harry Styles fanfic movies.

Just looked up that there were a grand total of 5 of those movies, all but the first essentially going direct to streaming. And more are in development. It's giving Atlas Shrugged vibes of persevering despite playing to such a limited audience with zero room for growth. Good for Ralph's nephew that he's found a steady gig, I guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xieh tie said:

As someone who is learning Chinese (had to double check that was Chinese as a lot of characters are shared with Japanese), and a general Animation fan, I'd love to see this.

So this Mr. & Mrs. Smith show on Amazon with Donald Glover is actually...pretty good? Don't know when I'll get around to it with so many shows on deck for me (currently juggling The Curse and the new season of Fargo, the new seasons of True Detective and Feud are next afterwards), but it's amusing to me that Hollywood has tried to capitalize on one of the very few movies that one can claim probably owed its massive numbers mostly to the tabloids without that factor. ABC tried to make it into a TV show just two years after the movie with Doug Liman directing the pilot starring Jordana Brewster and Martin Henderson and didn't pick it up.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

So this Mr. & Mrs. Smith show on Amazon with Donald Glover is actually...pretty good? Don't know when I'll get around to it with so many shows on deck for me (currently juggling The Curse and the new season of Fargo, the new seasons of True Detective and Feud are next afterwards), but it's amusing to me that Hollywood has tried to capitalize on one of the very few movies that one can claim probably owed its massive numbers mostly to the tabloids without that factor. ABC tried to make it into a TV show just two years after the movie with Doug Liman directing the pilot starring Jordana Brewster and Martin Henderson and didn't pick it up.

I watched the first episode of Mr and Mrs Smith.It is pretty good. It is very different from the movie I will say.  I will keep watching. 

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

I don't know why people had been so down on this show Donald Glover and Hiro Murai have a great track record together. I guess people are more attached to the original movie than I thought. Might start it this weekend.

Edited by CoolioD1

Went to my first filmmaking class and found out 90% of other people who are actually interested in working in this industry have like Fantastic Mr Fox or Forest Gump or La La Land as their favorite film of all time and have seen maybe 5 movies from before 1975.

• Haha 1

I hope she's well and this is her comeback, we the gays miss her every single day 😭

Pop culture has not been the same since Wendy's been off the air. We need her opinion on the Nicki Minaj meltdown over Megan Thee Stallion's diss track...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Went to my first filmmaking class and found out 90% of other people who are actually interested in working in this industry have like Fantastic Mr Fox or Forest Gump or La La Land as their favorite film of all time and have seen maybe 5 movies from before 1975.

You’re surprised by this? People always gravitate towards recent movies as their favorite lol

1 hour ago, Eric Creed said:

You’re surprised by this? People always gravitate towards recent movies as their favorite lol

I think there's an expectation that people interested in film would also be interested in, well, film.