Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

The Mummy '17 was so bad. :hahaha:Audiences made the right call allowing the Dark Universe to die before it even began.

That and Justice League sputtering later that year seemed to mark the end of the industry's Cinematic Universe infatuation. 

And yes, I can't wait to visit Epic Universe after it opens next year.

13 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Has anyone written about what the hell was up with the Tom Cruise Mummy movie? Why was Cruise even in it? What actually went wrong with its production (beyond just Alex Kurtzman)? Heard that Cruise tried to micromanage its production but how did he fuck up so bad? Just find this whole movie to be a weird blip in Tom Cruise’s career.

I was always curious about that. Pre-Dead Reckoning, no one here wanted to believe Cruise and McQuarrie could do wrong, so everyone blamed Alex Kurtzman for it, but there's enough evidence that the two had complete control over The Mummy.

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

I toldja Taylor Swift doesn't sing live on her tour. I'm no expert, but Dave Grohl is and he just called her out.

dave grohl is 100% wrong, taylor sings live on all her shows and that's evident to anyone with functioning eyes and ears.

i have a feeling dave's quote is taken out of context cause he has praised her as a live performer several times in the past.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

Now that it's officially past midnight (in my time zone at least), I want to wish our very own Head B In Charge @Cap the most happy and wondyful* of birthdays!

* See what I did there? 😉 

Hope it's a good un' with lots of good food, good times, and, of course, lots and lots of prezzies! ❤️

On 6/23/2024 at 6:30 AM, filmlover said:

The Mummy '17 was so bad. :hahaha:Audiences made the right call allowing the Dark Universe to die before it even began.

That and Justice League sputtering later that year seemed to mark the end of the industry's Cinematic Universe infatuation. 

And yes, I can't wait to visit Epic Universe after it opens next year.

Sad thing is the original concept for the 2017 Mummy was to go back to the 1932 Boris Karloff original and emphasize the Horror elements,  and not make it primarily a action adventure movie like the 1999 version. I guess Cruise Scrapped that when he came on board.

Irony is of course, the approach Universal eventually took with it monsters revival was to emphaziase the horror elements. dwonplay the other elements. Of course they occasionall departed with that like in Renfield (which they played for laughs) but prerry much they have stuck to the Horror emphasis.

I hope the Florida attraction pays tribute to the Original 1930's wave of Universal Horror movies.

On 6/23/2024 at 4:49 PM, Avatree said:

dave grohl is 100% wrong, taylor sings live on all her shows and that's evident to anyone with functioning eyes and ears.

i have a feeling dave's quote is taken out of context cause he has praised her as a live performer several times in the past.

I am sure Taylor Swift is very hurt by Grohl's remark, and she is crying about ti all the way to her next sold out concert.