Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

30 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Speaking of Baltimore, I was so irrationally glad to be able to ride a subway in Philly today after having to rely on the terrible bus service there. Really tested my will to continue realizing my ambition of visiting more than half the civilized world before I die.

I won't tease you on the "civilized" part, but I wanted to say - seeing the world is a great goal.  I try to add a new state, country, or city every year:).  It helps to never feel like I'm in either a bubble or a rut...and I figure there's no way I'll see everything, so my goal is to always see at least something!

(At some point, I have Louisiana and Nevada to hit as my 2 current biggest state goals - I've done 60% of the states and these are 2 big misses so far...although there are a lot of cities in states that I still want to do, even though I hit the states once:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

Great now I have to buy another game system and actually play again. No one told me there was a FAR CRY 5 coming THIS month. Wtf. And we're the villains? Hell yeah. Plus that Spider Man game, Red Dead 2, a pirate game, man.

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My surname is easily pronounceable if you're cultured, but down here, everyone says it wrong.

giphy.gif

Mine's only one syllable, but everyone I've ever met gets it wrong :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Great now I have to buy another game system and actually play again. No one told me there was a FAR CRY 5 coming THIS month. Wtf. And we're the villains? Hell yeah. Plus that Spider Man game, Red Dead 2, a pirate game, man.

ps4 to be honest

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I won't tease you on the "civilized" part, but I wanted to say - seeing the world is a great goal.  I try to add a new state, country, or city every year:).  It helps to never feel like I'm in either a bubble or a rut...and I figure there's no way I'll see everything, so my goal is to always see at least something!

(At some point, I have Louisiana and Nevada to hit as my 2 current biggest state goals - I've done 60% of the states and these are 2 big misses so far...although there are a lot of cities in states that I still want to do, even though I hit the states once:)...

Yeah, I don't want to take vacations just to get away. I want to actually learn about places and see how they compare with each other and to where I live. 

I kind of came up with a nerdy algorithm to make it easier for me to decide where to go next, taking into account proximity, size and development to determine how overall accessible and essential it is for me to travel to. Atlanta and LA are next on my list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The Big East tourney tho

Yeah having the Big Ten tournament anywhere but Chicago, Indy or maybe Milwaukee when the new arena opens is just stupid 

• Like 1