Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, Blankments said:

I agree that I should see a therapist or something, which is honestly a huge jump on behalf, but like... I don't even have enough time to call my dad weekly with rehearsal, school, work, and time to do homework. I was trying to fit in working out recently but I really don't have enough time to even add that in.

I have a friend who started college recently. The college he is going is about five hours away from his house so he has been feeling extremely homesick quite often. He started going to a therapist every other day and it has been helping him out significantly to lessen the pain of being so far away from home. Idk how your situation is but I think having somebody to talk about your problems with is a great way to get out any sort of baggage of your chest.

I'm not always the best person to go to for advice but that is just my own personal thoughts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 75Live said:

yeah I when I was unemployed getting forced to take insurance when I couldn't afford it, it being so expensive and not being good plans either or having to choose another doctor was very frustrating to say the lease.  I feel your pain.

The new doctor would be cheaper if I go with the other plan. Problem is he's not accepting new patients, but I'm trying to use my doctor friend as an influence

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

The new doctor would be cheaper if I go with the other plan. Problem is he's not accepting new patients, but I'm trying to use my doctor friend as an influence

hopefully it works out for you :)  i went with no plan and just took the penalty at tax time since it was cheaper at that point :P  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Secret bit of old geezer advice: you will never have the time for things like this (self-care, personal development, etc) unless you make them a priority and simply make time for them. It’s always easy for life to intrude with a billion other things. So I encourage you to find a way to free up an hour sometime in the week. @Dexter of Suburbia has some really good advice: see what your school offers and set if you can set up a time with them. 

I know what my school offers and the only way I can make that time is if I cut hours from work. I'm already barely getting by on 15 hours a week. IDK... maybe I'll talk to my parents about it sometime and see what they say about it. I really should start getting help though. i don't know.

39 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I have a friend who started college recently. The college he is going is about five hours away from his house so he has been feeling extremely homesick quite often. He started going to a therapist every other day and it has been helping him out significantly to lessen the pain of being so far away from home. Idk how your situation is but I think having somebody to talk about your problems with is a great way to get out any sort of baggage of your chest.

I'm not always the best person to go to for advice but that is just my own personal thoughts.

I get what you're saying, but hey at least i talked to a friend while drunk last night for 86 min while basically venting out my life ?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I need a new tv show to watch. for some reason i have no desire to watch stranger things s2. something preferably crime / thriller. 

any suggestions??? 

Susanne Bier The Night Manager was really good imo, and just 6 episodes 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399664/

On netflix I would also recommand Mindhunter, Orzark was a lot of fun also.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Susanne Bier The Night Manager was really good imo, and just 6 episodes 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399664/

On netflix I would also recommand Mindhunter, Orzark was a lot of fun also.

I just finished The Night Manager. Finished it last night. Really enjoyed it. 

Ozark was pretty good. Tried getting into Mindhunter but it felt dry...maybe b/c I've read the book. Might give it another try. Thanks. 

You should check out Happy Valley and Broadchurch. Good British crime shows. 

• Like 1