Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, AJG said:

NO. I demand justice for Brooklyn 99. What pisses me off is that this the first time a TV show I LOVED has been cancelled. I am shocked, appalled, and I will never forgive Rupert Murdoch. 

Robert Murdoch didn't make the call. I'd place the "blame" on Dana Walden and Gary Newman. But really their live-action comedies have been really bad at the ratings department for the last few seasons so I could see why they chose to clean house and start over. It sucks cause I love Brooklyn 99 (and I was a fan of The Mick) but frankly I'm surprised Brooklyn 99 lasted this long.

59 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

The people who were behind them didn't complain. In fact they took the side of the five golfers. 

Maybe they were slower.   The fact is the club is at fault for letting the women go out as a five some in the first place.  But anyone that golf knows you keep up with the pace of play.  

Edited by DAR

• Community Manager
Just now, filmlover said:

The only Fox comedies I watched the last several years B99 and New Girl so both of them going at the same time sucks.

At least New Girl is getting the chance to wrap shit up properly. 

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

If you need a new show, I point you in the direction of Barry. It has cops and former SNL people in it so it's basically the same as B99.

I second this.   @That One Guy you can easily do this one 8 episodes only a half hour

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

If you need a new show, I point you in the direction of Barry. It has cops and former SNL people in it so it's basically the same as B99.

Im gonna watch Barry once it’s available to binge. I just don’t know when I’ll ever see the goddess Rosa Diaz again and I don’t know how to feel about it.

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Robert Murdoch didn't make the call. I'd place the "blame" on Dana Walden and Gary Newman. But really their live-action comedies have been really bad at the ratings department for the last few seasons so I could see why they chose to clean house and start over. It sucks cause I love Brooklyn 99 (and I was a fan of The Mick) but frankly I'm surprised Brooklyn 99 lasted this long.

Fox better have the funniest new shows next season or I’m praying Disney comes in and get rid of these two monsters. I don’t think i watch any current Fox comedies outside of B99  (which is better than CBS, I don’t watch any of their shows at all).

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Last Man on Earth got canned too. Did anyone even care about that show after the first season?

I've been watching the show since the beginning and still had. Frustrated to see that go as well, as it was really was a great show.

Not as sad as Brooklyn Nine-Nine's cancelation tho.

Last live action Fox Comedy I watched I think was that show Rob Lowe and Fred Savage did.   Other than that.....Married with Children?   Actually I can't think of the last thing I've watched on Fox or NBC on a consistent basis that wasn't sports related.  The Good Place for NBC but I did that over Netflix and Hulu.

Edited by DAR

28 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly i love the show and i'm fine with it. i'm fine with any show that got to over 100 eps ending honestly. i always say 5 seasons is usually the sweet spot.

Still, one final season to wrap everything up would be nice.

47 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

oh I didn't do my research.  yep title is a lie, fuck that show (disclaimer I've never watched it)

It's actually a really good show. The way the show slowly reveals more and more about the world and the characters is a lot of fun, and Kristen Schaal is hilarious as ever in it too.

There's also a hilarious and out of nowhere guest star appearance in the first episode of Season 2 that still gets to me every time.