Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Pleased that Brooklyn Nine-Nine was saved, it’s more suited to NBC than it was to FOX. It’s like Scrubs when NBC cancelled it only for ABC to pick it up.

I assume it’s for midseason rather than later this year. 

Its interesting that networks will pick up shows that was made by the sister studios for other networks and it happens a fair bit, JAG moved from NBC to CBS, Medium moved from NBC to CBS and Last Man Standing moved from ABC to FOX 

Just now, Jonwo said:

Pleased that Brooklyn Nine-Nine was saved, it’s more suited to NBC than it was to FOX. It’s like Scrubs when NBC cancelled it only for ABC to pick it up.

I assume it’s for midseason rather than later this year. 

Its interesting that networks will pick up shows that was made by the sister studios for other networks and it happens a fair bit, JAG moved from NBC to CBS, Medium moved from NBC to CBS and Last Man Standing moved from ABC to FOX 

You know that Fox is gonna position Last Man Standing at 8:30 on Tuesdays in hopes that most of Roseanne's audience will change the channel to it. :lol:

• Like 1

@filmlover '99 has grown on me over the last year or so watching it on and off with my wife who has been a fan since day 1, however it still isn't my "cup of tea" and like most of the single cam shows, may develop a following that grows over time but still wont ever be "big."

Nice save by NBC though. Although, I am not sure what '99 actually brings to their bottom line. JAG being a rare exception, shows that get "saved" rarely make it more than another season or two.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

You know that Fox is gonna position Last Man Standing at 8:30 on Tuesdays in hopes that most of Roseanne's audience will change the channel to it. :lol:

As tempting as that might be, it’s be better on Fridays as that were it did well on ABC. 

I wonder where CBS will schedule Murphy Brown, FBI and Magnum PI? I think Thursdays at 10pm for Magnum, Mondays at 10pm for FBI and Murphy Brown, I think it’ll go to Thursdays at 9pm

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

@filmlover '99 has grown on me over the last year or so watching it on and off with my wife who has been a fan since day 1, however it still isn't my "cup of tea" and like most of the single cam shows, may develop a following that grows over time but still wont ever be "big."

Nice save by NBC though. Although, I am not sure what '99 actually brings to their bottom line. JAG being a rare exception, shows that get "saved" rarely make it more than another season or two.

For Universal Television, it’s adding more episodes for syndication, even 2 more seasons would add more value

• Community Manager
42 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I know Brooklyn and Good Place are Schur joints, but what's the third one?

It's a new show called Abby's. It's a multi-cam comedy so I'm a bit iffy on it for that reason but it's Schur and like I'm gonna check out whatever he does.

52 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Good to hear Brooklyn Nine Nine got picked up.

Now I hope someone picks up The Expanse. :whosad:

who's going to pick up inhumans