Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

what the fuck 

seriously I just want a proper Pokemon RPG on the Switch. If it's that, good. If it's more like Pokemon, Go, bah.

Don’t worry, this was the third announcement.  Looks like Let’s Go! Eevee is a hybrid RPG to keep people happy until the next one

Edited by Pandamia!
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Pandamia! said:

Don’t worry, this was the third announcement.  Looks like Let’s Go! Eevee is a hybrid RPG to keep people happy until the next one

oh good. I don't mind the LetsGo RPGs as long as the core RPGs keep coming out. :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

oh good. I don't mind the LetsGo RPGs as long as the core RPGs keep coming out. :)

Let’s Go looks fun enough to try.  At worst it’ll be a glorified play through of Pokémon Yellow with some Pokémon Go mechanics

12 minutes ago, DAR said:

Planned summer watches of shows I never watched or never finished 

Rome

Boardwalk Empire

Deadwood

Mad Men (watched season 1-3 only)

I recently got done binging White Collar (I owed it to myself after shaking hands with and telling the guy that I was a big fan in the most barely calm manner lmao). Only show I know for sure I'm watching this summer is Sharp Objects on HBO. I don't know how anyone could say no to the combo of Amazing Amy + Gillian Flynn + some of the creative team behind Big Little Lies (Jean-Marc Vallee directed it and one of the producers also served on this too, Jason Blum is also one of the producers on this too).

32 minutes ago, DAR said:

Planned summer watches of shows I never watched or never finished 

Rome

Boardwalk Empire

Deadwood

Mad Men (watched season 1-3 only)

I'm in this position except I watched one fewer season :jeb!: 

I should really give Boardwalk Empire another go. I dropped it about halfway into season 2 for some reason. Loved season 1 though

so if Lebron James has gone to the final 8 straight years, that means he most likely has played over 100 games a season.  will he have to retire early cuz of this?  does anyone know where all those extra stats go?  there is a ranking of most points scored during a regular season, but I don't think all the postseason minutes is added into that...  

Can anyone explain the Italy political situation to me? Someone in the weekend thread said they are going through a coup, which made me google it, it seems like the president vetoed the appointed finance minister? He was not allowed to do that?

Edited by Goffe

• Community Manager
54 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Let’s Go looks fun enough to try.  At worst it’ll be a glorified play through of Pokémon Yellow with some Pokémon Go mechanics

I'm downloading Pokemon Quest on my Switch. :lol:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

so if Lebron James has gone to the final 8 straight years, that means he most likely has played over 100 games a season.  will he have to retire early cuz of this?  does anyone know where all those extra stats go?  there is a ranking of most points scored during a regular season, but I don't think all the postseason minutes is added into that...  

Not sure what you mean by stats going, but sport tend to split regular season and playoff stats (and record)

You just have to add them manually :

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html

James played 9870 minutes in the playoff (versus 44298 in the regular season)

The most all time:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/mp_career_p.html

He just got above Duncan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

Can anyone explain the Italy political situation for me? Someone in the wekeend thread said they are going through a coup, which made me google it, it seems like the president vetoed the appointed finance minister? He was not allowed to do that? I can't quite see the big picture...

I am also a bit curious.

Would it be a bit similar if Elizabeth 2 or one other UK crown representant in Canada would actually use their constitution power to choose something instead of just saying yes to everything the Canadian parliament say them to do, that would cause some commotion.

Lot of system are not has good as the american one, with a lot of rules that are not written done and just tradition that people agree to respect, in Canada Primer minister is a barely defined role, that could become anyone un-elected tomorrow with a ridiculous amount of power.

Edited by Barnack