Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Yeah because the guy who asked for her number pulled a Han and asked for it just because she politely smiled at him

Except I’ve never asked for a girl’s number after she smiled at me.

• Thanks 1

The mental gymnastics some men are going through to make themselves victims of the Metoo movement is something else. 

If you don’t want to be called a rapist then maybe don’t rape anyone? If you don’t want to be accused of sexual assault then don’t sexually asssault someone? 

And if you’re a guy in Hollywood saying this nonsense because you’re on edge that your name might be called....well if you haven’t done anything then why be on edge? If you have done something then you get what you deserve. 

Henry’s comments remind of me of the comments that the guy who assaulted Taylor Swift literally just made. He’s talking about how much she ruined his life and how he can’t talk to women anymore and how he’s living in a prison. 

Like boo fucking hoo. Good. Instead of assaulting a woman and then suing her because she spoke up maybe you should have kept your hands to yourself or just sat there and ate your food while being the scumbag that you are. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I read about the context of that and I sympathize with her. Don't see how asking for a number in those circumstances was warranted at all. 

I did something similar and got a wife and three kids out of it.

For that reason, that incident made me so angry that I will never go watch one of her films.

16 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I read about the context of that and I sympathize with her. Don't see how asking for a number in those circumstances was warranted at all. 

And she wasn't calling the dude a rapist... just that we live in a culture where men have a tendency to think any gesture or social interaction with a woman entitles them to a date.

Cavill's comments are just dumb. There's a very big difference between asking someone out on a date who isn't interested vs. unwanted sexual contact.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

And she wasn't calling the dude a rapist... just that we live in a culture where men have a tendency to think any gesture or social interaction with a woman entitles them to a date.

Cavill's comments are just dumb. There's a very big difference between asking someone out on a date who isn't interested vs. unwanted sexual contact.

The fact that so many men don’t understand the difference between the two is terrifying. 

19 minutes ago, Nova said:

The fact that so many men don’t understand the difference between the two is terrifying. 

I think what he really means isn't just asking a girl out on a date but pressuring her or being unrelenting about it even after she says no, but of course they would never say that lol

46 minutes ago, Alli said:

come on, people. cavill doesn't really believe that. this is promo for MI. he's grabbing the headlines.  No publicity is bad publicity

No, I'm pretty sure he's complaining about not being able to rape women without someone moaning about it.

My prophetic nightmare visions are at it again.

First the Beyoncé-Trump affair.  Then Ethan becoming a mod.  

And now I dreamed I looked at my updated transcript and the university changed all of the grades for my math courses to Bs.  It was horrific.

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

I think what he really means isn't just asking a girl out on a date but pressuring her or being unrelenting about it even after she says no, but of course they would never say that lol

Reading the whole article, he is referring to asking a second time after being said no to and the "chasing" part.

Looked like someone that missed the vocabulary to express itself and that came-out clumsy, like tried to rapidly come out with how to describe what Aziz Ansari was called off/accused off on the spot, not rape/rapist obviously but what exactly ?

Edited by Barnack

18 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Emmy predictions for tomorrow:

Reveal hidden contents

Westworld's drop is going to be HILARIOUS.

it got one less nomination than last year. only 21 nominations this year i can't stop laughing what a HILARIOUS drop that is.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1