Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, filmlover said:

This be Han for the next week or so (or all the time already, really):

Related image

Mamma Mia! is my Wonder Woman/Secret Life of Pets of the summer except I don't believe anyone who's excited for the movie is actually going to like it. 

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Mamma Mia! is my Wonder Woman/Secret Life of Pets of the summer except I don't believe anyone who's excited for the movie is actually going to like it. 

The movie looks even goofier and campier than the first (which is inevitable since they brought Cher on board for the sequel) but everyone's only going for the music and the cast and not the threadbare plot anyway like that movie so if it delivers on those goods, nobody's really going to complain. My mom is hella excited for it and I'll probably end up seeing it with her.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Isn’t that exactly what you thought about WW/Pets?

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The movie looks even goofier and campier than the first (which is inevitable since they brought Cher on board for the sequel) but everyone's only going for the music and the cast and not the threadbare plot anyway like that movie so if it delivers on those goods, nobody's really going to complain. My mom is hella excited for it and I'll probably end up seeing it with her.

I already know Lily James slays her songs, so I already know I’ll love it

Today I saw the movie version of the musical RENT.

It’s about these deadbeats that refuse to pay their RENT but still want to live in their apartment for free. Their landlord, the most patient black man ever put to film, even finds one of them a good paying job in their chosen field as TV news cameraman, however, as the deadbeat is sack of shit he sees the job as “selling out” and quits in order to make a home video “documentary” that ends up looking like a slideshow. Some characters have aids. Someone kills a dog because they needed some cash, they sing and dance about it.

Its a horrible movie about horrible people. It feels as if it’s success is one of those deals where you can shrug and go “it was the 90s”. The recent recession kinda changed a lot about us. RENT came at a time where I feel as if people celebrated that whole “we’re artists, be true to yourself, and don’t sell out” BS. We have a couple of recessions that changes our perspective and it exposes these jackasses for what they truly are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Need Tele to return just to react to this

why would you focus on this when you could be focusing on the submarine he built for the people of Flint to travel through their water supply or something.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Heading to see the Queen of the Snakes in concert tonight 

tenor.gif?itemid=9602649

Trying to support a local Philly indie artist as best as I can :ph34r:

It annoys that Kanye turned out to be evil. I was 100% on board for his destruction of Taylor Swift.

Taylor Swift's image is damaged though, don't be fooled by her album and ticket sales that are masked by expensive marketing and commercial tricks to make it look like she's as popular as ever.

She's smart and is changing back to looking humble and down to Earth so it won't happen to her what happened to Lady Gaga, but still, she will have to continue to work hard to make everyone stop seeing her as a shallow mean girl.