Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

and Neytiri

Now she's the best Disney Princess

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

finally Star Wars is back home at Fox where it belongs after Kathleen CUCK ruined the franchise.  #GeorgeLucas4LastJediRemake

Not really sure if this is a parody post but new Star Wars has been really bad! Jim and Locust are very disappointed in it.

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Members of Disney Movie Club (yes, that's a thing) have access in purchasing exclusive movies, which basically consist of a bunch of live-action Disney movies from the 50s and 60s nobody remembers and a few Disney Afternoon releases. It feels like at some point, Disney will either sell it there, or at a super expensive price that only Disney collectors and enthusiasts would want to purchase it, with those WB-esque disclaimers about how racist the movie was

Ha, building up interest in something racist by withholding it and then selling it for an inflated price would be an achievement in capitalism for sure. 

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Man sometimes the staff goes crazy with pinning threads.

We promise to try and step on top of it more. :) 

Do we necessarily need the Weekend Prediction thread pinned?  Especially since we do have a Derby sub form and the weekend threads which are essentially  covering the same thing.

I’d rather have somebodies list with a close deadline up there so I’m reminded to make a list personally.

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

speaking of directing... more good news for you

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/lin-manuel-miranda-tick-tick-boom-movie-1202878400/

by hook or by crook this man is desperately gonna find a way to finish his EGOT.

Can't wait for him to end up with like 10 Oscar nominations in his life and win none of them :hahaha: Gaga or Kendrick already have him beat this year.

24 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can't wait for him to end up with like 10 Oscar nominations in his life and win none of them :hahaha: Gaga or Kendrick already have him beat this year.

you know he's gonna direct the hamilton movie himself and win producing/directing/acting/writing/songwriting (for a new song) oscars for it.

Edited by CoolioD1

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

you know he's gonna direct the hamilton movie himself and win producing/directing/acting/writing/songwriting (for a new song) oscars for it.

wtf. NO.

I legit think his performance on Curb Your Enthusiasm wasn't exaggerated after that tweet book got announced.

Watched Only Angels Have Wings for the first time. It's probably about as well-constructed and well-paced as a film can get, terrific performances, and it has that wonderful old timey Hollywood feel. Definitely a film I'll be returning to again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Watched Only Angels Have Wings for the first time. It's probably about as well-constructed and well-paced as a film can get, terrific performances, and it has that wonderful old timey Hollywood feel. Definitely a film I'll be returning to again.

tumblr_m8b4c88xHY1qbycn1o5_r1_250.gif

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

tumblr_mh5mlo1p3m1qaeet6o1_500.gif

The film is pretty much perfect. Cary Grant was definitely one of the greats. 

And Jean Arthur. Goddamn. One of those performances that just makes you want to see everything else the actor ever did.

This movie is my comfort food. The first 40 minutes alone are a more complete and satisfying emotional ride than 99% of movies are in their entirety. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

And Jean Arthur. Goddamn. One of those performances that just makes you want to see everything else the actor ever did.

This movie is my comfort food. The first 40 minutes alone are a more complete and satisfying emotional ride than 99% of movies are in their entirety. 

Jean Arthur was terrific. I wish she was spoken more about. She's really underappreciated, and was wonderful at screwball comedies, as well dramas. Her performances in You Can't Take it With You, The More The Merrier, and Mr. Smith were great. Also I love her voice. 

• Like 2