Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I totally called the Incredibles 2 villain earlier this year when the cast/characters were revealed because it's literally in the character's name. Maybe they should at least try to not make it so obvious.

What was obvious to me is that it was a cheeky joke by Bird, not any serious attempt at a twist. 

4 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

None of the classic animations Disney did surprise villains and theirs were far more memorable than any of the modern ones.  You know exactly who somebody is talking about if they say Scar, Maleficient, Ursula, Gaston, Jafar, etc.  

All of them were evil for the sake of being evil and they worked.

I couldn’t name you any of the post 2000 Disney/Pixar villains except Syndrome

I liked Dr. Facilier he just needed to be called something more memorable. Same with the Tangled mother.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

What was obvious to me is that it was a cheeky joke by Bird, not any serious attempt at a twist. 

hurt the character though. by taking ages to reveal it made everything about them rushed and muddled.

34 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Almost every day this summer has been in the 100s where I’m at.  This is continuing the trend of rising temperatures globally.

Yet some people (like the current White House administration) keep denying Climate Change.

It also makes practical and economic sense to ditch carbon, and cut back on pollutants.  

But nah, Trump literally wants to watch the world burn.

Where I am summer has been normal, if not better than past years. Has been comfortable mid-80s with no heavy humidity. It's currently 84, this day last year it was 94 and the year before that it was 95. I agree it's an issue, but it's also not exact science...especially when people try to use hurricanes as evidence.

Edited by Jandrew

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Ratatouille doesn't do this "hahahaha it turns out he was a villain this whole time!" thing, it's pretty obvious who the villain is the moment you see him!  furthermore proving that Ratatouille is the best.

ratatouille kinda reverses it too cos the critic who's hyped up like an asshole is pretty chill.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I think my favorite was the reveal that Charles Muntz was evil, especially because it tapped into the feeling of when you find out your childhood heroes aren't such nice people after all.

coughjohnlassetercough.

7 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Where I am summer has been normal, if not better than past years. Has been comfortable mid-80s with no heavy humidity. It's currently 84, this day last year it was 94 and the year before that it was 95. I agree it's an issue, but it's also not exact science...especially when people try to use hurricanes as evidence.

I get that what I said about the temperatures where I’m at is anecdotal, but it is an exact science that global average temperatures have been continually rising.

People are kidding themselves if they think there’s still any real debate within the academic that climate change is definitively happening.  It’s not a future event, it’s happening now and we can see the effects in ecosystems already.  The only debate is how severe the consequences are going to be going forward.

Edited by Pandamia!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

Will Smith is trying to rap again and i am terrified. He sounds like he’s really gonna do it.

frankly offended that he's decided to start the music career again after he could've given us themes to Bright/Collateral Beauty/Concussion

13 minutes ago, matrixdmath5 said:

any cocaine binges today in Orange County California?  I'm sure HB has a lot of crack today.  but im sure lawyers would say otherwise because of $$$.  Probably tons of rape though...

Yes, I went there and got like a lot of crack. Like tons of it. So much crack and Cocaine everywhere here in Orange County.