Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

28 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Bao is very good but that also implies he didn't like Incredibles 2, which is a wonderful film (IMO IMO IMO IMO)

i didn't imply anything about incredibles 2 beyond that i liked the short better.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

I love randomly scrolling in the new posts feed and seeing a bit of post out of context. I thought "Damn, we're getting a Crash Bandicoot movie?????" before seeing it was part of the Create Your Own Movie Game.

• Like 1

ranking the pieces of media that I saw while in my screening of Incredibles 2:

1. the Christopher Robin trailer
  2. Incredibles 2
  3. Bao
  4. the Lego Movie 2 trailer
  5. the How to Train Your Dragon 3 trailer
  6. the Dog Days trailer
  7. the Bumblebee trailer

8. the Grinch trailer
  9. the Wreck-It Ralph 2 trailer

3 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I love randomly scrolling in the new posts feed and seeing a bit of post out of context. I thought "Damn, we're getting a Crash Bandicoot movie?????" before seeing it was part of the Create Your Own Movie Game.

crash bandicoot movie is coming after Detective Pikachu and Sonic blow up. BELIEVE.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

crash bandicoot movie is coming after Detective Pikachu and Sonic blow up. BELIEVE.

I would love it, it always seemed simple enough to be translated well.

...Did we ever get that Sly Cooper movie....

Almost every day this summer has been in the 100s where I’m at.  This is continuing the trend of rising temperatures globally.

Yet some people (like the current White House administration) keep denying Climate Change.

It also makes practical and economic sense to ditch carbon, and cut back on pollutants.  

But nah, Trump literally wants to watch the world burn.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

why can't animated movies (specifically disney/pixar i guess) just have a straight up bad guy any more? it doesn't need to be a super obvious guessing game every time.

Calling it now that either Evan Rachel Wood or Sterling K. Brown's characters in Frozen 2 is ultimately gonna turn out to be the villain.

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Calling it now that either Evan Rachel Wood or Sterling K. Brown's characters in Frozen 2 is ultimately gonna turn out to be the villain.

i remember thinking the pink elephant man in Inside Out was gonna turn on them because i'm just so used to the trope at this point. (another reason why inside out is the best pixar movie thank yoooou.)

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

why can't animated movies (specifically disney/pixar i guess) just have a straight up bad guy any more? it doesn't need to be a super obvious guessing game every time.

The red herrings introduced are like the way too obvious red herrings as well, the mustache twirling bad guy variety.

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

The Good Dinosaur didn’t have a “Suprise!” villain, what an underrated gem that one was.  Dino deserves more respect

what was the last one that just had a straight up villain? was it Tangled? i like bad guys who like being bad guys. there's a reason why scar and ursula are iconic bad guys and not... the sheep from zootopia who has to be boring for 80% of the movie so we won't "suspect" it. 

• Like 1

I totally called the Incredibles 2 villain earlier this year when the cast/characters were revealed because it's literally in the character's name. Maybe they should at least try to not make it so obvious.

Edited by filmlover

None of the classic animations Disney did surprise villains and theirs were far more memorable than any of the modern ones.  You know exactly who somebody is talking about if they say Scar, Maleficient, Ursula, Gaston, Jafar, etc.  

All of them were evil for the sake of being evil and they worked.

I couldn’t name you any of the post 2000 Disney/Pixar villains except Syndrome

• Like 1