Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Work was weird today. The first 3 hours went well and were a bit overwhelming being on the cash register, but I was having fun! Well, until two old assholes came up and said it was illegal that I couldn't accept their expired coupons :kitschjob:After lunch, the rest of the day was pretty slow, but I enjoyed today!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Work was weird today. The first 3 hours went well and were a bit overwhelming being on the cash register, but I was having fun! Well, until two old assholes came up and said it was illegal that I couldn't accept their expired coupons :kitschjob:After lunch, the rest of the day was pretty slow, but I enjoyed today!

Isn't being just like everybody else fun?

21 hours ago, dmatrixfilm1600dx said:

I feel like in BO articles, popular social media outlets twitter, reddit, Instagram, etc. always get the one up on BOT when it comes to mentions.  

Perhaps the Bunco and early bird crowd that focus on BO predictions set up shop on the big name blog sites to make their derby predictions and readers digest-style like life heard.  Maybe they assume that is the place to go, or the #1 movie destination.

All about awareness. I come here but also frequent the World of KJ forums as well (BOT and WKJ have a shared history...long story) and we are trying to reinvigorate traffic there. First step is Marketing. More people need to know who are. It helps to have a KNOWN person tweeting about you. Shawn founded these forums and he is the main interviewee in that article. That’s likely why we were mentioned. There is better boxoffice prognostication here than anywhere else online besides WKJ (they are slightly better) and people need to come here than Deadline or Variety. That’s hard to do when it’s a forum and not an easy to skim article. As an aside, I love how Shawn refers to us sometimes in his weekend roll ups on boxoffice pro

Edited by lilmac

44 minutes ago, DAR said:

Me to Star Trek:

====

It's not THAT unexpected to me at least, as there's been persistent rumors about Patrick Stewart coming back to ST in a new series for a while now.

Might have to shell out for that streaming service now. :kitschjob:

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Me to Star Trek:

====

It's not THAT unexpected to me at least, as there's been persistent rumors about Patrick Stewart coming back to ST in a new series for a while now.

Might have to shell out for that streaming service now. :kitschjob:

Star Trek Discovery is pretty good. Some rocky episodes, some odd decisions that are a little hard to fit into the original show canon.

But the main arc of the second half of the season is aces.

Plus The Good Fight is a very good show on that streaming service too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Star Trek Discovery is pretty good. Some rocky episodes, some odd decisions that are a little hard to fit into the original show canon.

But the main arc of the second half of the season is aces.

Plus The Good Fight is a very good show on that streaming service too.

I won't lie and say canon doesn't mean anything to me, coz as much as I don't want it to, it kinda does.

A bit (ie a lot) more concerned that I've heard some people say that Discovery isn't really holding up the ethos of what it means to BE Star Trek.  That is, it isn't holding up the spirit and ideals of what makes Star Trek different from a lot of other genre show.

Now it is true that my beloved DS9 had the same charges hurled at it (I always felt DS9 challenged the ST ideals but ultimately always sided with it after examination.  [Well, nearly always :ph34r:]), so I'm sympathetic to the idea that folks might be overreacting.  So I suppose I should check it out myself and see what I think.

But I admit to being very slightly skeptical, if hopeful.

Watching the Ray Charles biopic Ray. It’s one of the dryest biopics I’ve ever seen. Really just reinforces the fact that not every person needs a movie. 

It’s just a formula: Ray Charles gets success - song - more success but signs of trouble - song - more success but signs of trouble - song.

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Watching the Ray Charles biopic Ray. It’s one of the dryest biopics I’ve ever seen. Really just reinforces the fact that not every person needs a movie. 

It’s just a formula: Ray Charles gets success - song - more success but signs of trouble - song - more success but signs of trouble - song.

Just makes me more thankful for the existence of Walk Hard.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Just makes me more thankful for the existence of Walk Hard.

yeah guys, i think bohemian rhapsody looks great too.

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

Ray really needed its own Tim Meadows.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Blank why are you reading last year's Thanksgiving weekend thread.

i like it when blanks likes a post that proves my genius. like just now 

me: (very right and smart)

darkest hour is gonna make more than cmbyn in the long run imo.

filmlover: (wrong in every sentence)

Both will make it to $30-35M. In fact, that's the range I see a lot of contenders landing (The Shape of Water and I Tonya should easily end up in that area as well). Don't think we're gonna have a sub-$20M Best Picture nominee again this year unless The Florida Project or Phantom Thread (which will probably be this year's Silence in terms of box office appeal) get nominated.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1