Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Speed. One of the best blockbusters ever made? Discuss.

Saw it in theaters when I was 13 and still one of my favorites to this day. Best story ever related to the movie is that guy who had a collection of VHS copies of the movie. Too bad my VHS copy is long gone cause I would've sent it to him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616670/He-let-collection-drop-50-Man-makes-lifes-mission-collect-VHS-Keanu-Reeves-film-Speed.html

• Like 1

This Friday aint shit, but next Friday is gonna be so fire:

- Team building retreat by the lake with my classmates in the morning. Zip lines, rope course, all that good stuff.

- Grad student welcome event from 5-9 at a local brewery. Discount pizza and beer and socializingggg

- I haven't met my roomates yet, but I'm gonna speak it into existence that they're cool dudes, and we'll all probably go out that night. Which will be lit as it'll be the first weekend everyone's back on campus

- I'll also probably go to Trader Joes at some point.

Let's get it!

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

This Friday aint shit, but next Friday is gonna be so fire:

- Team building retreat by the lake with my classmates in the morning. Zip lines, rope course, all that good stuff.

- Grad student welcome event from 5-9 at a local brewery. Discount pizza and beer and socializingggg

- I haven't met my roomates yet, but I'm gonna speak it into existence that they're cool dudes, and we'll all probably go out that night. Which will be lit as it'll be the first weekend everyone's back on campus

- I'll also probably go to Trader Joes at some point.

Let's get it!

Does UF do this for all grad students? My sister is doing something similar next week 🤔

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Does UF do this for all grad students? My sister is doing something similar next week 🤔

Hmm that's a good question. I'm not sure, but I know we're not the only program that does it. What program is your sister in?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Speed. One of the best blockbusters ever made? Discuss.

I’m doing a binge of all the “great” movies I’ve not seen. Now I have something to watch this evening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jandrew said:

Hmm that's a good question. I'm not sure, but I know we're not the only program that does it. What program is your sister in?

Pharmacy

55 minutes ago, AJG said:

I’m doing a binge of all the “great” movies I’ve not seen. Now I have something to watch this evening.

It’s so goooooood

6 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Doyle gets stupider every time I watch this. 

I had to chuckle for some reason whenever Wes Bentley randomly showed up in Mission: Impossible. Feels like he randomly pops up in a lot of things these days after doing nothing noteworthy between American Beauty and The Hunger Games.